Corn Allergy and Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by scarflady, Aug 16, 2005.

1. scarflady

scarflady New Member

I just received an interesting email from a customer and she wrote that she had Fibromyalgia to the point where she couldn't raise her arms to even comb her hair. She saw an article about a teenager in New Zealand that was cured by her Mom by removing all corn products from her diet. My customer had the fibro problem for 6 years due to an accident involving her neck. She spent 3 days to remove all corn based products from her diet, even removed any cosmetics and toothpaste that included corn. Even powered sugar contains corn. She has been pain free for 2 years.

Scarflady
  2. libra55

libra55 New Member

This is so interesting. My teenage daughter has Asperger's Syndrome (a form of high-functioning autism). Corn products just set her off so badly. If she eats anything with corn, her autism spectrum symptoms just go off the scale. I've never had her tested, I just KNOW.

She can be perfectly normal and if she has a bag of corn chips or tortilla chips, it's like somebody flipped a switch. Tantrums, obsessive behaviors, repetitive fixations.

The awful thing is, she craves this stuff. Popcorn is the worst. She eats it constantly. If I keep it out of the house, she can still get it at school.

Why do people crave what they are allergic to?

So I can see why it would be the same with FM.

Michelle
  3. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

As are Wheat and Gluten, cow's milk and dairy products and citrus fruits, strawberries. I am allergic to sulfites(wine and processed foods) and formaldehyde (new carpet). I have read to illimate one at at time if you don't want to be tested to see if you notice a difference in how you feel. Once all are illiminated. Start adding them back one at a time - you will notice the symptoms in
    sinitus, stomach aches,etc. I can't remember it all but
    The information is in 'Prescription for nutritional Healing".
  4. tamsyn

tamsyn Member

My allergy doc maintains that the reason for corn allergies is actually an allergy to mold that grows on raw corn before it is processed. So if you think you have a corn allergy, you might also want to look into mold allergies...chances are, they are the real culprit.
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

They think my 14 year old probably has Aspergers. He also has ADHD. Your post was really interesting to me. He is a very fussy eater and I think alot of it is food allergies. I have never had him tested for them but I probaly should. Is your daughter and really picky eater too. I have read most of them are. Is their any way to get them eating more foods? Its so frustrating trying to cook for your family with a kid like this.

Sandy
  6. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

7. Empower

Empower New Member

I am allergic to corn (been tested by an allergist) and have fibromyalgia