Corticosteroid epidural

Discussion in 'Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Main Forum' started by jman3, Mar 19, 2018.

1. jman3

jman3 Member

Hello
    I posted to this forum a few times a long time ago- the 90's!
    I am 62 and have had CFS/ME since the age of 24.
    I now have pain from a bulging lumber disc and doc wants to give me a series of epidural steroid shots I am not sure of the exact drug except that it is not cortisone.
    I found some posts online by people who blame their CFS on the types of shots I am supposed to get. I would just like to know if anyone here has had this problem. I have to do something because its getting harder and harder for the docs to prescribe opiates(which I take.)
  2. jman3

jman3 Member

3. jman3

jman3 Member

Will somebody please reply?
  4. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

Wish I had seen this sooner, would have replied. I had the same thing at one point but the epiderals did nothing for my pain. We tried it two or three times. I ended up getting a fusion of L5/S1. I would avoid back surgery at nearly any cost. My bulge was from a cracked vertabre in high school that I never had treated. " Oh, it's just pulled muscle", yeah, don't listen to Dr. mom.
    Try going to a non-cracking chiropractor first, the ones that use red laser and compression tool adjustments.
    Remember a few years ago, those people who got spinal menengitis from tainted back epiderals, yeah, some died, be careful. 10-day gestation time.