Cortisol Levels

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, May 11, 2010.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

I had my cortiso levels checked, the doctor called with the results. My levels at 7:30 a.m. were 17.5 and at 4:30 p.m. 17.5 . He is going to ck for lab errors if no errors this needs to be addressed.

I know the levels are suppose to be higher in the morning and lower in the evening but for them to be the same is confussing to me. Anyone experienced this or any input.

2. elliespad

elliespad Member

Weird indeed. Almost impossible your levels could be exactly the same 9 hours apart. I've had mine check about 4 times, twice using saliva and twice using blood. I've never had a.m. and p.m. levels be the same.
  3. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

GG,, but if that bloodwork is right, it sounds likeyour adrenals are all reved up and overproducing. probably from stress.eventually they will crash and Burn.then you will have No cortisol, which is just as bad.
    i hope you can get some relief, it's there in black and white they need to get your adrenals in order.
    Im glad they did the test on you, now you know thats one piece of your Puzzle.
    thinkin bout ya
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thank each of you for your input. The doctor's office just called and wants me to have a 24 hr. urine test . The last one I had about 6 yrs ago wasn't normal so had a CT of my adrenals to rule out a tumor. CT was ok so he said stress. I also went to a Chriopractor today he thinks
    my neck is out of line. He did an ajustment and I had a slight vertigo attack and was so off balance for a few minutes , seemed longer . I get so confussed never knowing what to do or who to see.

Most of the time I feel better just to forget docs and stay home.

God bless,
  5. greatgran

greatgran Member

The doc did ck with the lab and my am and pm cortisol levels were the same..17.5
  6. Juloo

Juloo Member

Only one time have my morning and evening levels been the same. All of the other times (blood draw and saliva tests), it was higher in the morning, lower in the evening.

The time the levels were the same, I had really low levels both morning and night via saliva testing. Because I'd tested via saliva several times over the course of about five years, it was easy to see the progression from cortisol overdrive and down to completely worn out.

I'm on supplemental low-dose cortisol now.

Let us know what happens!