CORTISONE INJECTION for frozen shoulder??? Or...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dannybex, Aug 29, 2006.

1. dannybex

dannybex Member

Hi friends,

Has anyone had a cortisone shot? Was it helpful, painful, or did it make your situation worse?

Or has anyone tried trigger point therapy, or tried natural anti-inflammatories for frozen shoulder problems?

Mine kind of started out as a carpal tunnel thing, but over the last 4 months has turned into a good (or NOT so good!) frozen or freezing shoulder. FUN!

Any feedback would be really appreciated!

Thank you,

Dan
  2. sascha

sascha Member

i got it badly after a car accident that totaled my car and pulverized my collar bone. i was immobilized for weeks and when shoulder sling came off i couldn't move my arm. well, i could move it upwards a few inches, but that was it. and ouch.

i never had cortizone shots. i went to physical therapist and did exercises to regain mobility. it hurt, especially at first, but gradually most of my mobility returned. best, sascha
  3. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Hey, I'm new here, but wanted to let you know I've been getting trigger point injections for the past 3 months. I have chronic myofascial pain along with a bunch of other stuff, but the injections seem to help for a week or so.

My doc is a physiatrist (does physical medicine and rehabilitation). She uses saline solution, not cortizone, as the needle injection itself breaks up the trigger point. It's still so new to me, I can't tell if it's had a real positive impact on me yet, but I'm planning to keep doing the trigger point injections for now. I also use a tennis ball and stretching on my trigger points.

Best of luck!
    Mini4Me
  4. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

Years ago I had them and it worked wonderful. However, the shot itself can be very painful for the first hour or so.
  5. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I do sympathize with you....I had a frozen shoulder three years ago and nothing helped except it healed with time. The cortizone shot did not work for me, but I would still try it because we all are so different in how we react.

Laura
  6. dannybex

dannybex Member

Any more feedback would be wonderful!

Mini4Me -- have you tried the Blasi Salts you can add to water? They're an electrolyte formula that supposedly mimics the bodies own exact electrolyte makeup. You can google it either using the words "Blasi" and/or "Recup" or "Recuperation".

They're quite helpful in a majority of people. The creator, Alfred Blasi, got rid of his own fibro using the salts...

Thanks,

Dan