Cortisone/Lidocane Shots for Bursitis in Hips

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ericdinbstn, May 6, 2006.

1. ericdinbstn

ericdinbstn New Member

Just found out results of an MRI yesterday. It turns out I have Bursitis in both hips and Tendonitis in my right. Rheumy gave me a shot of lidocane and cortisone in my hips. It hasn't provided any relief and today I feel like I'm in a flare. Has this happened to anyone else?
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and i do have the same hip problems as help...every joint in my body darn near...was just prescribed a new med for tendonitis, bursisits and arthritis...called sudlindac...seemed to helped better than those darn cortisone shots ...it is a naids....if you have stomach problems it may not be a good choice for you...

jodie
  3. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

I had those same injections for the same reason as you. I got no relief from them either. A few months later, hips needed replaced. I had one done so far. Another later this year. I hope yours dont get to that point. Take care.
    Pattie
  4. KIMHURTS

KIMHURTS New Member

I had a cortisone shot in hip 4 months ago for my bursitis.Not only did it not provide any relief but i felt worse the first few days.I was scheduled to have a shot in the opposite hip but decided not to since the first one did nothing for me.Good luck
  5. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Ericdinbstn
    Hi, I had a shot in my right hip in November and it did work for me! Boy, oh boy did that shot hurt though. My rhuematologist gave it to me. I am scheduled to have one again on Friday. I am not looking forward to it though. This time an anesthesiologist at a Pain Management clinic will do it.
    I have had luck with the shots for bursitis in the shoulder. I hope you have relief soon.
    I have had trigger point injections and they put me into a flare, big time. I guess we just don't know what will help until we try it.
    Hope you are findng relief.
    Take care,
    Cindy

[This Message was Edited on 05/06/2006]
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

I have bursitis in my left shoulder. I have had 1 shot in it and it got rid of the pain for about 2 wks, then it came back.

Kriket