Cortizone Shot Worked!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by granmama, Nov 30, 2002.

1. granmama

granmama New Member

YEA!!!!!!
    IT HAS BEEN A WEEK NOW SINCE MY CORTIZONE INJECTION INTO MY RIGHT KNEE. AS A RESULT OF NOT LIMPING, MY RIGHT HIP IS BETTER. ALSO, MY LEFT KNEE IS NOT ACHING BECAUSE I AM NOT PUTTING MY WEIGHT ON IT TO COMPENSATE FOR THE PAIN IN THE OTHER KNEE. WHEW!!! I HAVE MORE STRENGTH IN MY KNEE AND CAN ACTUALLY GET UP OUT OF MY RECLINER WITHOUT HURTING.

THE KNEE STILL GRINDS, BUT NOT AS LOUD. I SURE HOPE THIS HONEYMOON LASTS!

granmama
  2. granmama

granmama New Member

YEA!!!!!!
    IT HAS BEEN A WEEK NOW SINCE MY CORTIZONE INJECTION INTO MY RIGHT KNEE. AS A RESULT OF NOT LIMPING, MY RIGHT HIP IS BETTER. ALSO, MY LEFT KNEE IS NOT ACHING BECAUSE I AM NOT PUTTING MY WEIGHT ON IT TO COMPENSATE FOR THE PAIN IN THE OTHER KNEE. WHEW!!! I HAVE MORE STRENGTH IN MY KNEE AND CAN ACTUALLY GET UP OUT OF MY RECLINER WITHOUT HURTING.

THE KNEE STILL GRINDS, BUT NOT AS LOUD. I SURE HOPE THIS HONEYMOON LASTS!

granmama
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I am so glad you're having relief!!!!!! Are you able to sleep??? I cannot sleep for a week after a steroid injection, but at least the pain is gone for a while!
    Glad you're better!!!
    Love,
    Kady
    p.s. "Honeymoons" are not known as times of sleep anyway, are they???? lol
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so glad you are getting relief. I'm not proponent of steroids, but when something becomes so painful that it interferes with sleep and our ability to be mobile, it's time to consider it.

I had a neuroma between two toes which made me miserable about 20 years ago. One injection did the trick for me by relieving the irritation around the pinched nerve between the toes.

I also have had two injections for costo chondritis and each lasted a year.

I pray that you have as good luck with your injection in your knee. Knees are especially problematic because a tender knee can change your gait and affect the back, hips, and the knee of the unaffected leg. Good for you!

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]