CORVALEN? Has Anyone Used?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Sep 14, 2006.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I started taking a supplement called Corvalen this week. It is supposed to help muscle pain, stiffness, aching, etc. in fibromyalgia patients.

I would like to know if anyone else here has tried it, and your opinion.

It is actually helping me, and I guess I wonder why I never heard of it before. I received it from the FFC in Torrance.

From what I read, it is commonly given to heart patients, (but also fibromyalgia patients).

[This Message was Edited on 09/14/2006]
  2. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

It's very expensive, and I can't afford to maintain it. I only used half the jar.
    Right now I'm resting a lot, and don't want anymore energy until I get over the acute portion of my relapse.

Dr. Teitelbaum is running a clinical trial currently on Corvalen D-Ribose. It will be interesting to see the outcome. I read some other posts on this board that said it hadn't helped.

I just have CFS, and I wonder if it helps with that.

Keep us posted.

CherylSue
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

My husband was having muscle cramps in his feet and hands for months. He started taking Corvalen this week and for several days now the symptoms have stopped.

I took it and had the first day I did not have to take Tylenol which I normally take 2-3 time a day.

Its hard to believe. Corvalen is not only Malic Acid. The label says it is 40 mg of Magnesium, 5 "Grams" of Ribose, and 240 mg of Malic Acid.

I am just surprised that something that seems to help is not discussed more on the board.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/16/2006]
  4. scrappnmom

scrappnmom Member

My chiropractor has started me on a malic acid and magnesium supplement. He says that a dose of 2,000 mg of malic acid a day has really helped a lot of people with fibro. I've only been taking the higher dose for about 3 weeks and it has really helped! I had been taking about 900 mg a day for several years but then he told me about the higher dose and he's right! Good luck!
  5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I take it with coQ10 and NT factor as well. This combination has done the most for me than any other combination.