Costochondritis Flare up?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mommyinpain, Oct 25, 2006.

1. mommyinpain

mommyinpain New Member

Does anyone know how long a flare up with costo can last? My ribs on my right side have been hurting so bad for almost 3 weeks and is driving me crazy.

Any advice? MIP
  2. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I"ve had it twice just this last summer, I finally found the trigger point that was making mine worse it was under my arm toward my back a little lower than my shoulder blade.
    man I hit that and thought I was going threw the roof but then my hubby started to massage it and it really helped.
    took a couple of weeks working on it.
    feel around and see if you can hit sore spots then just put some pressure on them for about 10 sec,s hope it helps. sixtyslady
  3. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I get this condition quite often, during weather changes, a virus or sometimes "I don't know why". Some spells last a week and other times a month. It depends on why and most of the time, we never know "why".

I use my heating pad a lot and take tylenol. At night I rub with BioFreeze or BlueStuff. Hot showers help also.

It's an awful painful and anoying condition. I wish you a speedy healing. Just wanted to let you know, you are not alone.

Best,
    Tania
  4. mommyinpain

mommyinpain New Member

for the replies. Sorry anyone else hurts like this but glad I'm not alone, if that makes any sense.

MIP
  5. mommyinpain

mommyinpain New Member

Bumping for more insight.