Costochondritis/ Left side pain? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mlrarr, Oct 28, 2006.

1. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

Good morning,
    I have been having rib pain on the left side for about a week now. It goes up to my shoulder blade. But now I have had this burning pain that wraps around to my belly button. I know the pain of costo can go to your shoulder and down your arm in some cases but then to wrap around the front to your belly button? Has any of you out there ever had this? Right now sitting at this computer is killing me.

Thanks for any imput!!!
    Melinda
  2. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Melinda

My costo is also mostly on my left side. Reading some of the posts that Nanjee put on this site was like a light bulb going off. I have had this rib pain and also in the middle of my chest for years but never had a name for it before.

Sorry you are feeling so rotten.

hugs Redwillow
  3. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

I have knots between my ribs that I had my daughter rub and OMG!!! They hure so bad. The pain is almost driving me crazy.
    Thanks for responding to my post everyone!!!

Melinda
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

I don't know what my pain is but thought I'd respond because it is left sided.
    so maybe it is what your experiencing to.?

I'm not sure if that costochondritis can be the answer.
    ( I kinda hope so,... at least then I know what it is)

My pain is all left sided, upper belly/lower ribs,and the whole side of my ribs hurt realy bad when I lay on that side. as if my ribcage feels bruised.??
    its hard to describe. The pain can be with me for a week or 2,then go away for a few weeks,...and return.
    Does this sound anything like you?
    Heat does help. I love my heating pad~
    :)
    Hugs
    Tandy
  5. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

Thats just like what I have!! I cannot touch my ribs because they hurt so bad. Also my upper- from the top of my belly button to the ribs all that side just hurts off and on. When I go to the doctors they brush me off. Then my mind goes on and on thinking the worst possible thing is going on in there!!
    Thanks for posting...
    Hugs Melinda
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

(drs)
    they don't give me a clear cut/straight answer!

My dr. just nods his head and says its probably related to the FM.
    I hate it!

so I've often wondered "ok,..what organs are right there?"
    LOL liver,kidney???
    sometimes even my skin aches. I know,..weird.
    but sometimes even my clothes touching my skin hurts.
    Not horrible pain.
    Just senstive skin. ?? odd disease we're dealing with.

so glad I'm not alone~
    maybe it is costochondritis. (sp?)
    Hugs
    Tandy
  7. johnston

johnston New Member

my reply to stomach pain. Also, I don't know your age; but it could be shingles especially if you see a rash. It could also be degeneration/radiculopathy of thoracic vertebrae. Again, I was more thorough in my previous response. Rhonda
  8. johnston

johnston New Member

your profile and see you have acid reflux. Do you have a hiatal hernia. Those can cause a great deal of pain. You probably know about losing wt. if you need to do so. Not drinking liquids with meals. Frequent small meals. head of bed elevated, etc?????????? Again, pain is just a symptom. There are so many things it can be. One reason why md's have so many tools to diagnose and sometimes misdiagnose. (Besides, in two days, I've learned about "bumping" and this bumps your message:)
  9. mommyinpain

mommyinpain New Member

Except mine is on my right side and it's been about to kill me for about 4 weeks now. I just posted earlier today and I have a lot of other posts if you want to read them that tell about my pain. It sounds a lot like yours.

I also worry myself sick about whether it might be my liver or some other organ in that area. My pain is so bad that it makes me sick to my stomach.

I pray it is only costo because I sometimes think it is hard to believe it is not something horrible as bad as the pain is. Mine is also killing me right now while I'm sitting at the computer.

Hope you get relief soon. I wish I could.MIP
  10. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

what you guys mean when you say that you can sit around and think? um? is it something REAL bad. The pain is sooooo bad at times I have just got to lay down and cry. I HATE THIS DD WE HAVE!!!! Ok I feel better now. Whew-- glad to get that out LOL.
    Thanks everyone !!!!!!!

Hugs Melinda