Costochondritis not any better

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, May 28, 2010.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

How long does this stuff last? Last night it felt like my chest was riping open. I went to the dr. and he did an ekg and my heart looks fine so I am not worried about my heart. I am just worried that this pain is gonna be around for awhile. I can only breath shallow cause it hurts so much. When I eat the pain gets worse, I guess the food in my stomach puts pressure on my ribcage. This is no fun. What to do?
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

My sister-in-law has had it now for just under two years. It doesn't appear that it is going to go away any time soon. Sorry; I know that isn't what you want to hear :-(
  3. rocky76

rocky76 Member

I also have Costo...

Lose the Bra...

but this also sounds like Gallbladder...

I had mine removed after suffering for years from Costo...

Now my Costo is better but I can't have anything around

my chest...

Let them hang free....Ha
  4. EyeQ

EyeQ New Member

Sheila1366, what side of your chest is the pain on? Or does it move around? I have it on my left side and always seems to be in the same place, and is linked to when I get over tired (which is probably an oxymoron when describing ME/CFS). So basically I have it all the time, but sometimes it does get better.
  5. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

So I know it's not gallbladder. The pain at first was the center of my chest and the left side. Pain was in the shoulder blades and under my arms. Now it is pretty much everywhere from upper chest to upper abdomen. I am having more pain in my stomach now. Having trouble sleeping all week. This is just down right painful. Been a long time since I hurt this much if ever.
  6. 3gs

3gs New Member

sorry you are feeling so awful. not sure how long this last,mine has been going on for over a yr. do notice it gets worse if i over do.

warm baths help,heating pad .
  7. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I get this quite often and now I am in a horrible flare. It's my entire rib cage, shoulder blades and collar bones. It seems like it is in both sides (like all around my middle).

This flare has been wierd--one day my lower back and hips hurt, the next day it's my shoulders and neck, then a headache, then my ribs, AND it seems to move around each day.

I can't figure out if this is costo or just a Fibro flare. I don't understand it -- it scares me AND the doctors have no clue.

Anyone else like this?????

Please respond --I need to know if I'm the only one!