costochondritis pain really bad Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by debhun, Mar 25, 2007.

1. debhun

debhun New Member

I am having costochondritis pain really bad and I am on tramadol 100mg every 6 hours and it just has not touched my pain. What can I do for the pain?

Thanks
    Deb
  2. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi deb,
    sorry you are so miserable. try some ibuprofen for the inflammation and moist heat to the area, either soak in a tub, a thermacare (not moist but good and hot), or my personal fav. --the "cheapskate heat pad", which is just a wet dishtowel in a ziplock bag, throw in microwave for 30 sec.--will get REALLY HOT so wrap in a thin towel.
    Are you sure that this is what you have? if not, see a doc. for chest pain, but youv'e probably had it before.
    GOOD LUCK--L
    [This Message was Edited on 03/25/2007]
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

Poor baby....search above right now: we have tons of costo info. what works for one usually does help another in this case!

i take naproxyn and a muscle relaxer, use a heating pad on front and thermacare patch on the back and/or sides...it can hurt everywhere, can't it?

Hope you feel better soon.

Rest a lot...do NOT do heavy lifting, emptying dishwasher, pulling wet clothes out of washer, folding large items, etc. until you are feeling much better.

Best to you,
    findmind
  4. debhun

debhun New Member

Thanks I will try it. I hate it when I happens to me. I hate the DD so bad. I took a hot bath with the jets. Glad I have a tub with jets. Then went bed. Still hurt this morning but will get a jump on it now. Thanks for caring that helps too.

((((HUGS))))
    Deb
  5. mujuer

mujuer New Member

it really hurts. I take a muscle relaxer and get in a hot bathtub and hang there for awhile and give the muscle relaxer time to work. I just take a half of my muscle relaxer during the day so I can still function. I went off of the tramadol because I became allergic to it and now I just use the muscle relaxers and it takes care of all of my pain and twitches.

Hope you feel better soon. P
  6. debhun

debhun New Member

I am a little better today. I sat in the tub last night for about a hour with the jets on. Today I feel a little better but it is still there. But like you said I am doing nothing but resting today. I might make dinner I will see how I am first.Thank you all for all the tips.

Deb
  7. bree~leigh

bree~leigh New Member

My daughter had this acute condition for 6 weeks this past fall.
    She was out of school for whole week on percocet with complete bed rest, then
    mobic daily for 6 weeks, then saw a chiropractor who worked with misalignment issues in the back. This helped her a great deal, but chiro is not for everybody. Her condition has not returned as of today...thank God. She continues to get adjustments once per week.

I saw how painful this is, I am so sorry to hear you are going through it. Best Wishes for healing. Bree
  8. pam_d

pam_d New Member

My daughter gets this pain and when it's there (not all the time) it's really awful! She does find that 3 ibuprofen usually do help, though, because they fight inflammation. In fact, she usually gets more relief from that than from a narcotic painkiller.

I hope you are feeling better!

Hugs,
    Pam