costochondritis question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tes, Oct 20, 2002.

1. tes

tes New Member

Just curious if anyone gets burning with their costo symptoms. I usually get gnawing damn pain and I'm also experiencing burning pain in my entire ribcage. Can anyone relate and what can help.
    Thanks a bundle,
    Tes
  2. tes

tes New Member

Just curious if anyone gets burning with their costo symptoms. I usually get gnawing damn pain and I'm also experiencing burning pain in my entire ribcage. Can anyone relate and what can help.
    Thanks a bundle,
    Tes
  3. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

Tes , yes I also have that pain. Tried triggerpt injections. Temporary relief. Painful and $$$$$$$$!So now I do vicodin for breakthru pain. Maybe 4 a day for 3 days, seems to be the answer for me. Only use it for pain so not getting a constant dose . Hope this helps. Sometimes my pain is so bad I can hardly pick-up my suitcase. Stretching doesnt seem to help but sometimes a massage does.Maybe try that too. Good luck
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just recently, we discussed this. You can pull up all the posts relating to this and read through them. Costochondritis seems to be one of those things which is prevalent amongst us, and it can be quite painful. I used to get it every winter in Colorado, along with asthma, bronchitis, and pneumonia.

That's why I now live in FL.

Love, Mikie
  5. shannon

shannon Guest

Hi Tes, I get the burning real bad and mine seem to be more on the sides of my ribs....do you have all the little lumps in your ribs and near your chest as well? if so what have you found to help that pain because my god that really hurts espically when they all decide to act up at once and I have at least 100 of them in both sides
  6. tes

tes New Member

Yes, I do notice that I get all those little pea size bumps when I'm really bad. I was just pointing that out to my husband the other day. When you say you get the bad burning pain on the sides of your ribs do you mean below the breast area, on either side of your stomach? I get the pain in my chest wall as well but when it hits my lower ribs it so bad, I feel that I'm going to go crazy. I've been in a flare for about 3 months now and I just can't take it anymore. It's constant day in and day out. Have you had flares this long? And what do you take for it? Thanks for posting and I would love for you to answer my questions.
    God Bless
    Tes

P.S. You have young children as well? How do you cope?
    My boys are 2 and 4 and it's very hard on us.