Coughing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lauralea443, Sep 27, 2005.

1. lauralea443

lauralea443 New Member

In the morning, do you wake up coughing like you are a smoker? This happens to me most mornings and I do not smoke nor do I have asthma.

Often it also happens after I eat. Just wondering if anyone else has this??

Laura
  2. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

It is a violent cough and lasts a couple of minutes. It was from blood pressure medicine. Since I've stopped that medication the coughing stopped. You may want to research your meds and see if that's one of the side effects.
  3. reebok22202

reebok22202 New Member

Was informed by my internist that anti-inflamatory meds can cause this as well....
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

By any chance are you taking a blood pressure/ACE inhibitor med called "Altace"?

If so, it is famous for making you have a dry cough--but the cough is mainly at night when you lie down.

Janet
  5. lauralea443

lauralea443 New Member

no blood presure med or anti-inflamatory meds
  6. NICKNACKPATTYWHAK

NICKNACKPATTYWHAK New Member

Hi. A few times a year I get a chronic cough. And just like most of my other autoimmune/arthritis problems, it comes on for no apparent reason. My doctor prescribed Tessalon Pearles (spelling may be slightly off) for it and told me it was probably from inflammation and probably due to my auto.../arth prob's. When I saw the bottle and the pills, I remembered that my graqndmother, who had lupus, also had a chronic cough and had this very same prescription. Anyway, the pills help alot. Mary.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/29/2005]