Could a Flare Be Caused By A Bad Sunburn?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lgp, Jul 23, 2009.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I went to the beach last Sunday and, unfortunately, got burned on my shouders and chest--I was wearing a strapless bathing suit. And it hurt for several days. Could it possibly have contributed to the bad flare I am having this week? This week is bad enough--a PMS week, sinus issues, coupled with rain then sun, rain then sun, etc. But I'm a bit puzzled about the sunburn. If anyone has any thoughts on this, please do post!

2. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

I think anything can cause a flare. Anything that upsets you physically and emotionally.

You mentioned Pms, sinus issues, crazy changes in the barometric pressure due to changes in weather, plus your body reacting to the sunburn.....yep, any of that stuff could have done it.
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

You've just stressed your body by over-exposure to sun. So your body, which is already dealing with an overload of issues due to your 'normal' chronic situation is now also trying to process this extra stuff. So you could have issues to do with light (and therefore, hormone production....melatonin, serotonin, etc.), issues to do with your body trying to protect the skin from damage, body pain, sleep issues because of that...etc., etc. And heat! My body doesn't deal well with heat. That will put me in a flare by itself.

Anything out of the ordinary has potential for a flare. Even the ordinary, for that matter!

4. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

Sorry you in this Flare. you have lots going on already and then the Sun... I would say yes.. at least it does with me.. I can't handle the sun, heat . I know our weather has been bad, extreely Hot 100's and above . and then some rain.. humid ... I can't get out in it. its bad enough inside with the Air on..

Hope you feel some what better soon. :)

Take care

Spirit ~