Could a good naturopath do what the FFC does?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by swimmer71, Feb 13, 2006.

1. swimmer71

swimmer71 New Member

I don't doubt that the FFC is wonderful, but unfortunately I don't have the funds to cover the costs of multiple visits. That is ashame.

At the same time, I wonder if a trip to a good naturopath would do the same for me at a fraction of the cost since I could get it covered through insurance.

With my luck, they won't have the expertise that the FFC would provide.

Look, everyone is entitled to a profit. I don't take that away from them. But, for a program not covered by insurance companies, I wish they were more approachable.

2. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Over the course of 5 years I saw 4 different naturopathic doctors, all very accomplished and well-respected. They helped me to a degree, but never got to the root causes of my illness. I had some improvements, but they did not last.

I do understand about the cost factor at FFC. I had to wait until I received my SSD award and Medicare before going there.

I'm not sure what your situation is, but it sounds like you do have some insurance coverage. Although FFC does not bill insurance, they do provide you with the necessary paperwork so that you could send in your own claim. Does your coverage allow that? You may be eligible for some coverage and not know it.

The labs are separate from the FFC. They use a Quest lab which is usually onsite. You just give the Quest lab your insurance card, and they will bill. Again, you may want to double-check first with your insurance co.

As an alternative to all of the above, you could see if your ND could order the same testing as FFC. You can find some of these tests listed on past posts by using the search above.

Other people have regained their health using various protocols that they have researched and that have helped them, often through some trial and error.

Good luck with finding what helps you, don't give up!
    Hopeful4

3. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I think you can try to find a good MD who is open minded and willing to do the extensive testing for hypercoagulation, stealth virues, Thyroid free T3 and Lymes. And who is willing to treat you with a combination of prescriptions, and supplements. Your treatment should be individualized to your test results and symptoms. I have yet to meet anyone with the exact same set of issues and treatments as me. It is highly individualized.

I belive you can get there but it make take longer to find the right Dr and what works for you. With out the testing I think you are just throwing things against the wall to see if anything sticks.

Mikie, Elsa, Stormskye and some others here have done their own research and found good Drs and gotten better. If you have Lymes you have to be tested and find an LLMD to treat you ar you will get worse and worse.

take Care and Good Luck Lynn