Could CFS actually be Rnase-L enzyme dysfuntion disease

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sean, Sep 28, 2002.

1. sean

sean New Member

I was going to post an article on R.E.D.D, but if you do a search for Rnase-L enzyme dysfuntion disease, you will get lots of info connecting it to chronic fatigue syndrome. If you don't already know about this connection, it will be well worth you looking at the various articles on it. I personally found it very interesting, and believe that there just might be something in this link. For instance a milder form of R.E.D.D exists in 10% of the population, that does not have CFS, but the severe form of R.E.D.D has only been found in CFS patients, and no other cases of the severe form of R.E.D.D have been found in any other subjects other than the ones diagnosed with CFS
  2. sean

sean New Member

I was going to post an article on R.E.D.D, but if you do a search for Rnase-L enzyme dysfuntion disease, you will get lots of info connecting it to chronic fatigue syndrome. If you don't already know about this connection, it will be well worth you looking at the various articles on it. I personally found it very interesting, and believe that there just might be something in this link. For instance a milder form of R.E.D.D exists in 10% of the population, that does not have CFS, but the severe form of R.E.D.D has only been found in CFS patients, and no other cases of the severe form of R.E.D.D have been found in any other subjects other than the ones diagnosed with CFS
  3. lilladybug

lilladybug New Member

Good going Sean! Did you go to Yahoo and type in "schweitzer REDD" in the search. It should be the first topic...Essay on Redd by Mary Scheitzer.
    Mary is fascinating on this subject! And her website is pretty informative on many aspects as well as Ampligen.

All the best Sean...maybe one day if we put ALL our heads together we can figure it out?! God, I hope so.

Lilladybug!
  4. sean

sean New Member

Yes I have got a Dysfunction, I keep missing letters out.I missed the C out of disfunction. Argh! It's really annoying having to double and triple check my spelling. It should actually be Rnase-L enzyme disfunction disorder. (C) (C) (C) Argh! Brains not working poperly.
  5. nell-UK

nell-UK New Member

Hi Sean...

I was diagnosed with R.E.D.D. two and a half years ago, I was bedridden, unable to speak having to be turned, fed etc. My abnormal RNase-L was sky high so I began Ampligen, after 14 months it had come back down so I finished the treatment. (After much improvement also)

From what I know on the subject and the many other CFS patients I know who have been tested, not everyone has high abnormal RNase-L, it seems to be the more severely affected but then again that is not always true either. I think it is a major part of CFS but is not the cause for everybody.

Take care,

Nell.
  6. sean

sean New Member

Not sure how old the article was that I read, but it did say that the severe form has only been found in CFS patients. More control tests could have been done since the article was written.
  7. lea

lea Member

Is this a standard type test given to all CFS patients (which is basically a disease of exclusions).
    Also, does a regular lab do this test?
    What is the exact name of the test at the lab?
    thank you in advance
    best,
    lea
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

One of the biggest problems in diagnosing CFIDS is that there are a whole bunch of conditions which mimic the syndrome making misdiagnosis a real problem. Healthy individuals have been tested on for all kinds of things by denying them something, in one case sleep by interferring with their sleep patterns, which will produce a CFIDS-like condition.

With FMS, there is the tender point test, but with CFIDS, there is little to go on. Even the tender point test with FMS isn't always reliable. I was sick a long time before my tender points showed up.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]