Could Cymbalta give a positive preg. test?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by detsgirl, Sep 2, 2006.

1. detsgirl

detsgirl New Member

I just started on Cymbalta last week. I am "late" so I did a pg test, just for fun.........My husband had a V 3 years ago after our 4th (yes 4th) child was born. Much to my surprise, the pregnancy test was positive.
    There is only a 2000/1 percent chance of pregancy after a Vas. Why can't I get this lucky at something like.....the lottery?????
    So- My husband is hoping that the medication would have interfered somehow and is giving a false +.
    Thought I would ask and see if anyone had any thoughts.
    HELP!

Teresa

[This Message was Edited on 09/02/2006]
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I have no expertice whatsoever, but I doubt Cymbalta would cause a false positive p-test. My gosh, go and get a test by a physician, those are fool proof.
    Maybe there is another reason, although I'm not sure what that would be? Do you "feel" pregnant? We women can sense those things, you know.

Many blessings, please keep us updated on this mystery,,,

Lena
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

the dr or pharmacy and ask thats what i would do .i think i would freak. i know if you are, cymbalta is out of the question. good luck charlene
  4. detsgirl

detsgirl New Member

Yeah, I'm freaked out!

I was told to wait until the morning and re-test.
    So, that is what I will do. I don't feel pg- but never did until my 2nd month.

Teresa

5. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I noticed after I started Cymbalta my period started acting all wacky. Not sure if it was the Cymbalta or other meds.

Keep us updated!

Hugs,
    Stephanie
  6. detsgirl

detsgirl New Member

Well............
    Last night I got a clear positive- This morning it was a clear negative! Now I don't think I'm pg and I'm very happy! Not that I don't love kids, but already having 4, I just can't afford another one - both finanically and physically.
    Can not figure out how in the world I got a positive last night. Very long night............lol!

Teresa
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm wondering about the test kit itself...years ago, I took my daughter to her pediatrician for something minor. While there, her doctor did a urine test---the one you put a test strip in, and read it almost instantly. It showed her to have Hepatitis. The doctor repeated the test, same result. The doc sent her urine to be cultured, and we left, scared, awaiting results.

After the office day was over, the pediatrician and his office staff all tested their urine---guess what, they ALL tested positive for Hepatitis. The doctor sent the rest of the kits back to the manufacturer so they'd see how screwed up they were.

Moral of the story---these kits can have imperfections. Maybe yours was just one of those.

Hugs,
    Pam

[ advertisement ]