Could FM be related to autoimmunity?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bluevenice, Sep 6, 2006.

1. bluevenice

bluevenice New Member

Has anyone had a very bad infection such as hepatitis or any other that makes you feel very, very sick, with fever-like symptoms (but no high fever at all), nausea, aching all over and so fatigued that you can hardly move? This is how I frequently feel. It's like if my body is trying to fight some bad infection or illness, but there is no infection at all. I think that in FMS there must be some kind of autoimmunity that scientists have not found yet (or don't want to recognize).
    I wonder if all the FM patients feel the same. I would like to know if these symptoms are what doctors describe as flare-ups. If you feel the same, please let me know what your doctor has told you about this.

2. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I had hepatitis as a child and now realize that my Fibro symptom began after the illness. After almost a year of recovering from hepatitis, horrible leg pain began. Other symptoms came and went throughout the years and I had what I now understand where flares. About 2 years ago I had my worst flare and was duagnoised. Since then I have had to quit working and am recovering.
  3. bluevenice

bluevenice New Member

Hi Nancy,
    I wish someday I can finally find a doctor who takes FM as a real illness. So far I have seen so many doctors that I just lost the hope to find the right one. So feel happy because you seem to be in good hands. Thanks a lot for your good wishes.

Sandra
  4. dutchieU

dutchieU New Member

The more reading I do ....FM is being grouped with ME. I have seen it stated that if you have ME, you also have FM.
  5. kirbycat

kirbycat New Member

I had viral meningitis 1 year before I was diagnosed. I truly believe that that was my trigger. I don't know if I ever really recovered from that. I did go back to work after 6 weeks. But I was never the same. Then the fibro symptoms started. Later the CFIDS symptoms started.

I really do believe there are triggers. Some may never know what the triggers were but I believe that some do have them. I am disabled now and cannot work.

I have gone through so many doctors and there are very few that understand this disease/syndrome.

Cathy