Could Gymnastics be a trigger?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by scottsworry, Jun 15, 2003.

1. scottsworry

scottsworry New Member

I was in physical therapy about 2years ago. The therapist was great too bad insurance wont pay forever. Anyway, she asked me if I had been in Gymnastics? I was in the 1970's from the time I was 6-11yrs of age. I was very good and in competitions, starting to train for the 1980 olympics.
    Any way she stated that she had read information on all my symptoms and a relationship to gymnatics.
    I told her that I wondered the same thing, only because gymnastics has changed soooo much since the 1970's. The girls no longer slam their hips into the uneven parallel bars. They use the lower bar to hang from or jump to the next bar.

Well just wondered if anyone else had information on this. I tried a web search looking for why gymanstics changed (the bars actually go easier, which never happens in a sport.)I found nothing. No related pain or disability information either.

Sorry so long,

Take care,
    Becky
  2. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

I do not believe it has anything to do with Gymnastics. I took for several years even as an adult, though my mother, grandmother did not and they still ended up having FM..