Could I Have FM or CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pmsfairy, Jan 23, 2003.

1. pmsfairy

pmsfairy New Member

I am so tired of feeling sick and tired!
    I have been getting sick feeling frequently lately. Like now my symptoms are:
    feeling achy all over, especially my lower back and legs
    sometimes it feels like my body is very tender, when my kids come jump on me to play I wince sometimes because my skin feels very tender
    sometimes have chills
    below normal temperature - my average temp is 97.2, never gone over 98.0 in a while
    I am very worried about feeling like this all the time.
    I have went to the doctor before and he couldn't find anything wrong with me other than me having a lot of anxiety and I have panic attacks sometimes.
    I have another appointment scheduled next week but is he is probably going to tell me again he can't find anything wrong. Should I insist on having blood work done?
    Someone please help!
    Does anyone else feel this way?
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

To the board. Your symptoms sound more like CFS than Fibro. But thats just my opinion, and I am no doctor!

You need to get a doctor to listen to you, thats the important thing. If they don't believe in FM/CFS, then you will get nothing done.

If you are having panic attacks, then that could be one of your problems by it self.

I sure hope you have a good doctor, and they find out just what is wrong with you.

Please let us know how you make out with the doctor, and do read the 'HOme' page and the Library on this site. It has a lot of information on both these illnesses that can be of help to you.

Again, welcome to the board, and do keep us updated on how you are doing.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. jaster45

jaster45 New Member

I agree with Shirl.Sounds more like CFS than FM,but I am not a Dr.either.If your Dr.will run some blood work,an immumoglobin test Igg,Igm,Iga nuclear and capsid antigen you will find out if you have CFS.Often times Igg,Iga,Igm do not show active infection, but the nuclear and caspsid antigen will show.This is how I was diagnosed.The standard immuno test showed negative.

Hope you get some results soon and hang in there!
    Jaster45
  4. lunabella

lunabella New Member

hey guys~

just wondering, why does it sound more like she has CFS than FM??

guess i still don't really understand the difference, i keep reading that docs/researchers say it is essentially 2 different names for the same thing.

pmsfairy~
    YES YES YES i know how you feel. i feel the same way. hope you can find some solutions to help you heal yourself.

~lunabella
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Including hypothyroidism, which would account for the low temperatures. Only after seeing a good doc and going through all the testing will you know for sure. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  6. PrincessofYoga

PrincessofYoga New Member

Hi,

I would like to share some advice that I learned from the moderators on this site when I first started getting my symptoms. I had been to the ER several times (scared out of my skull) , the urgent care, several doctors, all who took blood and did numerous tests one after the other.

My advice to you....Educate yourself. Since you have access to the internet, which I assume you do since you posted, read read read. I just recently got my official diagnosis a week ago and I have been ill for almost a year now. Prepare yourself for hitting walls and not getting answers right away.

Stick with these people here. All of them, the ones who have been here a while, have nursed my wounds (from beating my head against the wall from stupid doctors to negative results, one after the other)and have been there for me when I needed some support.

Hang in there.....and I hope you find peace soon.

Namaste
    LIsa
  7. TerriM

TerriM New Member

I have CFS and I am not tender either . . . fatigued, brain fog, hypersensitive and I have sore glands everywhere, but not really muscle or joint tenderness. I actually run about a 99.5 fever much of the time and also get a lot of infections.

Every immune test they've done on me has come out normal. ANA is normal, RH Factor is negative, IgE normal, sed rate is always normal, C-reactive protein normal, CH50 blood normal, IgM normal, IgG normal, IgA normal . . . which immune tests are showing abnormal for others??

Thanks! Terri
  8. nje

nje New Member

HI, I`VE NOT POSTED FOR AWHILE ON HERE TILL LAST NIGHT,BUT I DO KNOW CFS, AND FMS SYMPTOMS,BECAUSE I HAVE FMS,WITH A MIXTURE OF CHRONIC FATIQUE ALSO. THE WAY I FOUND OUT WAS,MY REG. DOC. COULDN`T SEEM TO FIND ANYTHING WRONG WITH ME,BUT HE KNEW ME,AND THAT I WASN`T MAKING IT UP,HE SENT ME TO A RHEUMATOLOGIST,HE TOOK SOME BLOOD TESTS,FOUND MY TRIGGER POINTS,WHICH YOU COULD PROBABLY FIND YOUR SELF,THEY HAVE A PICTURE OF THEM ON JUST A FIBROMYALGIA WEBSITE,I CAN`T REMEMBER WHICH ONE,I HAVE READ DOZENS OF BOOKS,AND SCOURED THE INTERNET SINCE I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH FMS. YOU SOUND LIKE YOU MIGHT HAVE BOTH TO ME ,FM,AND CFS,TRUST ME THAT IS MORE PROBABLE THAN NOT. BUT LIKE TERRI SAID AND I ALMOST FORGOT,THATS A SYMPTOM OF FIBRO,LOSS OF SHORT TERM MEMORY,BUT GETTING ON WITH YOUR PROBLEM,IF YOU HAVE A GOOD DOCTOR,HE`S SUPPOSED TO HAVE EVERY TEST KNOWN TO MAN RUN ON YOU TO MAKE SURE ITS NOT ANYTHING ELSE,I THINK 99 TIMES OUT OF A 100 ITS ALWAYS FM,OR CFS,OR BOTH,BUT THEY HAVE TO DO THOSE TESTS,THEN,WHEN THAT IS DONE,YOUR DOCTOR WILL REFER YOU TO A RHEUMATOLOGIST,AND IT WON`T TAKE HIM 5 MINUTES TO TELL YOU,HE`LL FIND TENDER SPOTS YOU NEVER KNEW EXISTED,[PLUS SOME BLOOD TESTS,THEN IF HE`S ANY COUNT,HE`LL START YOU ON MEDS TO TRY TO HELP YOU. I WAS LUCKY,I HAD ALL GOOD DOCTORS,I ALSO HAD TO GO TO A NEUROLOGIST,AND I ALSO GO TO A PSYCHIATRIST AND COUNSELLOR,BUT I HAD BEEN GOING TO THEM, BEFORE THE FM DIAGNOSIS. I CAN TELL YOU WHAT MY SYMPTOMS WERE, ACHED ALL OVER,TIRED ALL THE TIME,HEADACHES 24-7,NO BALANCE OR COORDINATION,I` ALMOST TOTALLY HAVE NO SHORT TERM MEMORY,THE MEDS HELP,BUT I NEVER FEEL REALLY GOOD ANYMORE. I FOUGHT FOR 2 YEARS,FOR MY DISABILITY,I GOT APPROVED LAST WEEK,I`M NOW WAITING ON MY BACKPAY,NOW THAT WE`VE BEEN IN UTTER POVERTY FOR THAT LENGTH OF TIME,ALMOST LOST OUR HOUSE,WELL I`LL SHUT UP FOR NOW,IF YOU NEED ANY MORE INFO.YOU CAN POST,OR E-MAIL ME AT BABYDOLLS20000@AOL.COM. I`M NOT BRAGGING,BUT I HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH ABOUT BOTH FIBRO AND CFS THIS PAST YEAR,AND HOW TO GET DISABILITY. HOPE YOU FIND OUT SOMETHING SOON, NJE