Could I please hear someone elses experience on beathing problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Amethyst77, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Amethyst77

Amethyst77 New Member

Hi everyone,

I have 2 different things going on that I would really love to hear if any one else is having problems with, and if so have you found out why and have you found help for it?

I guess I will have to make to topics because they don't go together.

I have read just about every thing I have been experiencing on this site, but these two subjects (and sorry have really bad brain fog at the moment)

I have a very hard time breathing alot of days if I lift my arms in a certain position or do even little activities around the house some days it is much worse than others, can anyone identify?

Still looking for answers
    if you have any, would very much like to know about them

Tammy
  2. TerryS

TerryS Member

Not to alarm you, but have you had a cardiology workup lately???

TerryS
  3. Amethyst77

Amethyst77 New Member

I have had so many test run, even a pet scan, they did find a nodule on my lung but it is not cancerous at least not at that time (about a year ago)

I have a pullmonary app. in April but I think that is just to check on the nodule.

I thought maybe this is just another one of those things that come with all the other stuff associated with these diseases.
    its almost like a nightmare that I would like to wake up from any moment now.

seems like I did read that breathing does or can go with it. I have read so much in such a short period of time I get some confused

going to see if anyone has any answers for now and then talk to my doctor on my next visit about it, still new and unknowledged on this stuff

thankyou for responding Terry

Tammy
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

does it feel like your chest and back is really tight? is it hard to take a deep breath? if so i think it could be cmp chronic myofascial pain i have this and so do other people on this site. charlene
  5. TerryS

TerryS Member

Well, actually, to answer your question - I do get quite short of breath on exertion such as climbing up stairs or sometimes just walking to the bathroom!!! BUT, never because of the position of my arms. That's why I was asking about a cardiac workup.

TerryS
  6. Amethyst77

Amethyst77 New Member

Yes it does feel like a tightening in my chest and back, and my lower back hurt worse than I have ever experienced.
    my stomach was very bloated and in alot of pain also.

Terry,

I had surgery on my neck several years ago due to a car wreck I guess that could possibly be a reason the arm position may be a problem, not really sure, I can't think of anything that hasn't been affected in my body from these diseases so usually I tend to believe it goes with those first, and if not will make it a point to have it checked, very interested in hearing what others are experiencing in this area

grateful

Tammy
  7. charlenef

charlenef New Member

cmp has pulled my stomach into a hernia and started pulling my heart also i now have a heart arrhythmia because of this i reccomend the trigger therapy work book to deactivate trigger points because this will only get worse if you dont they cost about 20.00 on line good luck charlene
  8. Amethyst77

Amethyst77 New Member

I just came back from looking up "chronic myofascial pain"

and it sounds like you probably hit the nail on the head, I am so glad you saw the post, now I have a direction to go in, and I did see that it can lead to a heart attack so it isn't something that should be ignored.

I would not of had any way of knowing how to find this information had you not replied

Many (((hugss))) to you

Tammy
  9. yjswan

yjswan New Member

Hi,
    Yes, I have both the shortness of breath and the stomach bloating with pain sometimes. I had a full cardiac workup and everything was negative...my heart is working fine. My doctors don't seem too concerned about it and attribute it to the extra pounds I have put on since I diagnosed 3 years ago. I also break out in a sweat at times when I do anything physical. Interesting though, I don't have these problems when I exercise and control my breathing. I know my bloating comes from IBS...a lot of painful gas too. Hope this helps.

Love and gentle hugs,
    Yvonne
  10. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

That was how I was diagnosed with FM. I found it so hard to breath. I was always a fast walker, and I was dragging myself into the mall, and couldn't even keep up to my hubby (who used to be the lagger). The Internest I went to, did all the tests, and then diagnosed FM. The muscles in the Sternum tighten up and cause this. That was 8 years ago. This year, I was diagnosed with Emphezema, so who knows! I know it must be this, as the meds I take really help.

If your Dr. hasn't sent you for a Pulmonary Test, you need to go.
  11. Amethyst77

Amethyst77 New Member

I appreciate all those who took the time to reply and help me understand the changes that are happening in me, it really is like traveling a road alone, except for those that are on the same highway.

Renea,

yep its so much fun I don't even bother getting out of the house anymore, don't need to with all the fun I have with this stuff lol.

(((((HUGS))))))

signed,

fighting a good fight "while sitting" lol

12. Amethyst77

Amethyst77 New Member

Sounds like another good possibility, we had the same life style and I am also 45, I am going to see about setting up app. to get my heart checked if for nothing else, peace of mind, if it turns out to be just from the fibro... I am curious as to how I am supposed to know when and if I ever really need to go to the ER. seeing that all the symptoms, do say its a heart attack.

I hate that things happened as they did for you, what exactly can they do to help you? is your life going to be this limited always? and did they say what caused the damage? And can they stop anymore damage from happening?

I would like to know the answers to those questions, but understand if it crosses a line that you don't feel comfortable with sharing.

thanks for your warning, and I will let you know what I find out.

I sure wish there was a way to comfort those that are hurting on here or to help them, I say that because I wish I could give you a big hug right now, it has to be hard. :(