Could it be heart related?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Apr 22, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

When I prepped for colonoskopy/ endoskopy a week ago, I had to fast for 24 hours. I was drinking clear fluids, energy drinks, and veggie bullions for a little salt. Well, you might have done all this yourself.

I thought it seemed unormal to loose 6 pounds of fluid during this fast. This is how much weight fell off me during this fast. Despite the fluid intake the day before the nurse noted I was dehydrated.

I know it had to do with something else than what I do/ did. There is some inbalance in my system, I know, this "fast" was just another heads up.

If anyone here have nursing experience or otherexp. - do you think this could be heart related? Not saying I have any big problems, but if you've seen my previouis post "getting worse", this might be related.

Anyways, I am just trying to understand since my doc is about as informative as a rock.

Many hugs,

Lena
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

for replies :)
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

any ideas?
  4. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

You mention a possiblity of CFS. Some people with CFS have low blood volume, which means they are basically always dehydrated. I don't know how that would cause you to lose wieght while fasting.

If you think you are still dehydrated, try eating a small amount of non-iodized salt to see if it helps you maintain fluids.

Maybe someone elso will have some more helpful information.