Could my chest problems have been triggered by a fall?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lease79, Sep 19, 2002.

1. lease79

lease79 New Member

I am pretty sure I have Costro Chronditis, it causes me alot of grief & has been on & off since I was pg with my first daughter. At the moment it is unbearable :(
    A month before I fell pregnant with my first daughter I had a really bad fall off of a horse.
    I was thrown face/chest down onto the hard sand at the beach.
    It knocked all the air out of me, but nothing was broken.
    I ran in a race a couple of weeks later & ended up in the doctors surgery in incredible pain.
    The doc said this is because when I hit the ground during my fall that my rib cage was compressed. he also said if the rib cage flexes in & then out again due to injury that it can cause symptoms for a long time after that feel like the person is having a heart attack :(
    I had no real problems after this until the Costro Chronditis started up.
    Anyone else think that it could have been triggered off by the ribs getting compressed? I mean being an inflammatory thing.

Lease
  2. lease79

lease79 New Member

I am pretty sure I have Costro Chronditis, it causes me alot of grief & has been on & off since I was pg with my first daughter. At the moment it is unbearable :(
    A month before I fell pregnant with my first daughter I had a really bad fall off of a horse.
    I was thrown face/chest down onto the hard sand at the beach.
    It knocked all the air out of me, but nothing was broken.
    I ran in a race a couple of weeks later & ended up in the doctors surgery in incredible pain.
    The doc said this is because when I hit the ground during my fall that my rib cage was compressed. he also said if the rib cage flexes in & then out again due to injury that it can cause symptoms for a long time after that feel like the person is having a heart attack :(
    I had no real problems after this until the Costro Chronditis started up.
    Anyone else think that it could have been triggered off by the ribs getting compressed? I mean being an inflammatory thing.

Lease
  3. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I truly feel that yes, it can! costrochondritis is very painful and can last a long time & recur with another injury. ((((Gentle hugs)))) and I hope you feel better. Maybe you should take an anti-inflammatory to see if it does help you. But, you might want to trapse into the doc to check it. dolsgirl