Could someone help please?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tennessee, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Tennessee

Tennessee New Member

After some pretty extensive testing i have recently been diagnosed with IBS and Fibromyalgia.I am dealing with this thing the best way i know it's just very discouraging.I am currently taking Hyoscamine,Fybogel and Prilosec to try and ease some of the symptoms.I have been having some very different symptoms and was wondering if anyone has any of these and if so any advise on how to deal with them.Light sensitivity,severe neck and head pains,a few times during the nights i have woke up gasping for breath,this does not happen often and my DR says it sounds like very mild sleep apnea and don't seem too worried about it but when i wake up doing it it scares me to death!The depression is,well,depressing and there have been a few times when i literally could not get out of the bed,my legs and arms feel like they weigh 15 tons.I had never been sick in my life till the last 3 years.I seem to have had a couple of remissions but when it comes back it comes back 2 fold,any suggestions?Thanks for listening.
  2. Tennessee

Tennessee New Member

After some pretty extensive testing i have recently been diagnosed with IBS and Fibromyalgia.I am dealing with this thing the best way i know it's just very discouraging.I am currently taking Hyoscamine,Fybogel and Prilosec to try and ease some of the symptoms.I have been having some very different symptoms and was wondering if anyone has any of these and if so any advise on how to deal with them.Light sensitivity,severe neck and head pains,a few times during the nights i have woke up gasping for breath,this does not happen often and my DR says it sounds like very mild sleep apnea and don't seem too worried about it but when i wake up doing it it scares me to death!The depression is,well,depressing and there have been a few times when i literally could not get out of the bed,my legs and arms feel like they weigh 15 tons.I had never been sick in my life till the last 3 years.I seem to have had a couple of remissions but when it comes back it comes back 2 fold,any suggestions?Thanks for listening.
  3. aundi_girl

aundi_girl New Member

I am sorry you are having such a bad time.

I;m sure someone will be here to give you some good advice soon, I am in a fog now & would not be much help.
    I think a hot bath before bed might help a bit.

hugz & Welcome,
    Aundi
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Tennessee, glad to have you on the board. You are probably experiencing the fatigue with the feeling you just can't get out of the bed. This just happens now and then to me. I have had Fibro for 20 years, and it is one miserable sickness.

I also was a super healthy person before this hit me. I had never had a cold or a pain before. The biggest problem I had was sleeping. I would be up for days at a time.

I used to wake up now and then with that gasping for breath thing too. I was told that it was because of my poor sleeping habits, or that I was having nightmares that I didn't remember.

The head pains, like shooting pains in the head? I solved that one with 800 Units of natural vitamin E. and taking magnesium glycinate. Its sold here at Pro Health, just go to the link at the top right of the board where it says; 'Store', and you can read about it. The malic acid and magnesium that I take is called; 'Pro Energy', wonderful help for Fibro, the pain as well as the shooting pains in the head.

As for the sleep, I take ZMA which is Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B-6, also available at the 'Store'.

The only prescription med that I take is Xanax, low dose at about 6pm to calm my racing brain so that I can sleep.

I had been on pain pills, sleeping pills, and a few others, but after twenty years of this, I realized they were not helping me. Others have good results with the meds, they did not help me. I take supplements and herbs and my pain, IBS, headaches, sinus attacks, are mostly under control for the last year now.

I have gotten so much help on this board, more than I have ever gotten from the medical profession. But we are all different, and what works for one of us, is not necessarily going to work for others.

I have had remissions that lasted for a least a year, then all of a sudden it all came rushing back.

Hope you get some help soon, and you have come to the right place, we have some very informed people on the board that are more than willing to help if they can.

Again, welcome, and if you have more questions, please feel free to ask.

YOu can go to the 'Home', Library, Community links at the top of this board for additional informaiton, we have the latest research here by the top doctors in the field.

Good luck, and glad you have joined us.

Shalom, Shirl

5. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

TN i'm paul mark in west. ky where are you in TN i've family ll0 miles from here in Nash. i've severe CFIDS and later dev. FMS been sick 5 yrs. now cheney's my dr. severe immune dys. problmes wil lyou e mail me ?

paulstory@iolky.com

depresssion yes that goes with chronic ill. doesn't make it any the less i know many of us do my is chronic and can't seem to tleratate the meds for dep.

god bless post or write me PM in KY
  6. Ellie5748

Ellie5748 New Member

I just wanted you to know that sometimes my arms and legs feel like lead along with a few other parts. I am also VERY sensitive to light. The main culprit seems to be sunlight. I must own at least 20 pairs of sun glasses. I keep them stashed ALL over the place. I know that there has also been some mention about smells, noise ect.. It's just some other little goodies we have to put up with. Hopefully, you will find what works best for you. I am also suffering form migraines for which maxalt has helped(along with a dark QUIET room). Hope you have a gentle day.

Regards,

Ellen
  7. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

When feeling better, its coming out of it all, feeling better. When it all comes back its called Flares.

I never knew anything about flares, until diagnosed myself.

Everyone finds their own way with it all, their own paths to wellness. It may not be total wellness, but guess you can call it coping with the Fibro.

I wish you luck!

Keep striving, and gettting info on it all. Just dont let it take over every aspect of your life, seems to cause more depression and symptoms if you do that.

8. thereseuk

thereseuk New Member

Ido get the feeling is if my limbs weigh a ton, the light sensitivity severe neck and head pains and so on. I think the heavy lims are related at least with me to my sleep problems. I wish I could say that there is an easy solution to this but there isnt. Some of our members take rx sleep meds and others go the supplement route. Unfortuanely we all react differently so it really is a question of trial and error.
    Light sensitivity can be related to sinus problems so it might be worth speaking to your gp about this. In any event drinking more water is recommended and may help with your IBS problems.
    I,m a little confused about the meds you are taking for IBS. Do you alternate between constipation and diarrhea.?
    I realise that prilosec is an antiacid med and this can have the side effect of diarhea in some people. Hyoscamine is the antispasmodic and the fibogel for constipation.
    I think it would be fair to say that all of us have some type of digestive dysfunction and there are a number of ways to tackle this. Some people have had good results with dietry changes and this can also lead to improvements with headaches etc. Wheat and dairy are the biggest culprits affecting the digestion system but to elimate food groups without research and replacements can bring its own problems. so if trying this route its best to gather lots of information.
    using probiotics is often successful in dealing with IBS symptoms but I would need to know more about the exact nature of your problems before I could give an opinion. If you post sperately about these problems then you should get lots of opinions for you to consider.
    It is possible to get relief from a group of symptoms but it is sometimes difficult to know wher to start!!
    I tend to start with the least harmful i.e. alterations to diet with supplemnts increasing water intake dramatically and I use one rx med the anticonvulasant med lamotrogine which acts as a mood stabiliser and antidepressant.
    any questions just ask
    love therese