could someone please clarify specifics...

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by anchor, Aug 14, 2008.

1. anchor

anchor Member

i am going to have my 13 yo daughter tested for LD.

we saw a neurologist and she needs and MRI (for migraines and facial weakness). (and we have to have her braces removed for the MRI and she's only had them 2 months!!!)

here are my Qs:

1) WILL LYME DISEASE SHOW UP ON AN MRI - EVEN IF the neuro is NOT LOOKING FOR IT?

2) THE ELISA TEST CAME BACK NEGATIVE (OF COURSE) AND THE NEURO WANTS TO HAVE A WESTERN BLOT DONE....I WOULD LIKE TO GO THRU IGENEX (HE SAID THAT WOULD BE FINE), BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE PROCEDURE.

PLEASE EXPLAIN.

3) I HAVE THE LAB FORM (FOR QUEST), BUT WANT TO DO IT THRU IGENEX.

4) I WANT TO DO THE LYME PANEL, THE 2 TESTS. DO I GO THRU QUEST FOR THE BLOOD DRAW, AND THEN HAVE IT SENT TO IGENEX?

5) DO I SEND FOR THE FORMS AND SUPPLIES THRU IGENEX AND AFTER THEY SEND ME SOMETHING (WHAT?) THEN I TAKE HER TO A LAB AND HAVE A BLOOD DRAW AND THEN I SEND IT TO IGENEX? OR DO THEY SEND IT?

6) HOW DO I KNOW HOW MUCH TO PAY (THE WEBSITE SAID TO PAY BEFOREHAND)

SORRY, BUT I JUST CAN'T GET THE INFO AND UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHAT I NEED TO DO.

PLEASE WRITE BACK AND BE SPECIFIC, STEP BY STEP.

I CAN'T SCREW THIS UP FOR MY DAUGHTER.....WE NEED ANSWERS, SINCE SHE Is HAVING NEURO Sx.

THANKS.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/14/2008]
  2. angrob75

angrob75 New Member

and they can walk you through it step by step. Their # is on their website. When they send you the kit it will include all of the instructions also and the price list for the different tests. You will have to take that kit to your dr or lab and have a form filled out in there and have the blood drawn and they will send it in (at least my dr did)
    I am not sure about the MRI because i have had several done and they say that they see white matter in mine but still will not determine that way about the lyme. Although now i have a positive test from Igenex and also now from Labcorp to prove that i do have it.
    Hope this helps! Good luck and my prayers are with you!
    Angie

3. redhummingbird

redhummingbird New Member

I agree about calling IgeneX to get instructions.

They will most likely mail you a blood draw kit for the lab (at least that's what happened in my case).

I had to find a lab that would draw my blood. Then I drove it to a Fed Ex facility to be shipped.

It's really important to get your daughter's blood drawn on a Monday or Tuesday in order to avoid the blood arriving on a weekend.

I would also ask IgeneX to include instructions for the lab tech. Sometimes they don't know how to prepare the blood once drawn.

Good luck to you and your daughter!
  4. erica741

erica741 New Member

I'll bump up a recent thread I started entitled: "Igenex Testing Information".

I think we should have a sticky thread at top with Igenex testing information. I'd make mine a sticky if I knew how.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Erica