could someone please help me on meds and herbs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by homeskillet19, Aug 27, 2002.

1. homeskillet19

homeskillet19 New Member

Hi everybody,
    Well i have stayed away from meds for a few years now, but after a few years I made the decision that I am not getting better just maintaining just going the natural route, so I got a prescription for some soma compounds(muscle relaxers)
    and it is doing wonders for me, the problem is , is that I stoped my herb mixture because I have heard of some meds dont mix with some medications, I take a concoction of them in greens plus, if anybody is familiar with that.
    I just dont know where to start on my research, if anybody knows of any links or if they have any information please tell me, I am sure that I will benefit better doing the muscle relaxers and the herb mixture, but I am scared to do both.
    I have asked my doctor but she seems as clueless as the nextLOL
    thank you for your help
    Your friend,
    Denise
  2. homeskillet19

homeskillet19 New Member

Hi everybody,
    Well i have stayed away from meds for a few years now, but after a few years I made the decision that I am not getting better just maintaining just going the natural route, so I got a prescription for some soma compounds(muscle relaxers)
    and it is doing wonders for me, the problem is , is that I stoped my herb mixture because I have heard of some meds dont mix with some medications, I take a concoction of them in greens plus, if anybody is familiar with that.
    I just dont know where to start on my research, if anybody knows of any links or if they have any information please tell me, I am sure that I will benefit better doing the muscle relaxers and the herb mixture, but I am scared to do both.
    I have asked my doctor but she seems as clueless as the nextLOL
    thank you for your help
    Your friend,
    Denise
  3. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

There was a thread sometime in Aug (now that's a huge help! lol) somebody gave a website to check interactions. Hopefully, they'll see & reply. On the CEFCA links that Jackie F gave, this was listed under alternative health links:

Health World Online, integrating both alternative & conventional health www.healthy.net

Los Angeles Healthcare www.lahealthcare.com

Sorry I couldn't have been more help. Good luck in your search. Michele

4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

There is a good book out on herbs and drug interactions. I tried the website, but they have sold it out to some other company. No information anymore.

Here is the book: 'The Natural Pharmacist, Drug-Herb-Vitamin Interactions Bible', By; Richard Harkness, Pharm. FASCP and Steven Bratman, MD. Its about $20.00, but worth it.

They have cross reference with the drugs, herbs, and vitamins. Its an easy read too.

HOpe this helps you.

Shalom, Shirl

5. Cheka

Cheka New Member

Michele is right about the website.... it must have been one of my more "lucid" days cuz I wrote it down. Haven't been there myself yet but here it is: http://www.drugstore.com/pharmacy/drugstore/
    Hope this helps you out!
    Take Care!
    Debbie
  6. homeskillet19

homeskillet19 New Member

Thank you so much for your reply, it has meant so much to me, to be back on the board and to have you wonderful people try to help me!!!!!
    I will check out the links!
    It is great hearing your voice Shirl, I have missed you!
    Your friend,
    Denise