Could Spring POLLEN be making us feel worse?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Mar 22, 2006.

1. achy

achy New Member

After reading the posts from the past few weeks it seems many of us aren't feeling too great.

I hurt all over, not really bad, but everything aches.

I'm sooo tired. Been sleeping all day, all night, and still tired.

Feel like coming down with "something", but can't put finger on it....just icky.

Then I realized...EVERYTHING is covered with pollen!!!!

I would suppose if we're sensitive it would have a dramatic effect on how we feel.

whatcha think?
    achy
    [This Message was Edited on 03/23/2006]
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

Pollen always gets to me in more ways than one.
    I'd like to blame the crappy way I'm feeling right now on pollen, but we're still stuck in winter here!
  3. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I am also very allergic to pollen and all kinds of grasses and trees.

It makes sense that the pollen can be effecting you.
  4. harrysmom

harrysmom Member

Hey, Achy,
    Just wanted to reassure you that the pollen does a number on my CFS/Fibro every year at this time. I live in GA and everything here is blooming like crazy and it makes me feel the same every year - like there's an elephant sitting on me. Can hardly move, achy, sleepy, just makes all the usual symptoms worse. My doctor said it's the same for all the people with these illnesses - the pollen triggers a histimine reaction that affects the immune system adversely and...........there you have it. I bet in late May/June you'll notice a difference when all the pollen is gone.
    harrysmom
  5. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

Pollen and a variety of other allergens (too long of a list) have always effected me, but even more since having this DD. I still find it odd how SO many different things effect our health with such extremes. Guess it's par for the course!

Live, sniff-sniff, Laugh, aaaaaaaachooo! Love,
    Rocki
  6. achy

achy New Member

The past couple of days have been REALLY bad....and it's been really windy....

Is there anything that DOESN"T effect us?

oh well....
    achy

We're supposed to freeze tonight (NW FLa of all places)
    maybe it will help