Could this be fibro starting?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Michelle_NZ, May 24, 2006.

1. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Hi everyone

I've had CFS for about 2.5 years, but in the last 5 months is gotten much much worse. I've also started developing new symptoms, and now I'm wondering if I am starting to get fibro too.

I know there are plenty on here that have both FM/CFS - do you think this could be fibro?

New symptoms:
    - Severe numbness on left side of my body, every day now, sometimes on the right too, but mostly left side of face, arm and hand
    - buzzing in my legs, fingers, feet, hips - not painful and usually lasts 5 - 10 seconds
    - muscle twitches, mostly in my legs, but arms too
    - tremors, in hands and jaw
    - painful headaches every day
    - burning pain down the backs of my arms from my shoulder down - this gets worse as the day goes on
    - painful legs - sometimes the thigh muscles, but lately its in my hamstring and hips - it aches, like I've overdone it at the gym or something (which I havent as I cant exercise).

These are all new symtoms in the last 2 months. I have an appointment with a neurologist next week, but I just wondered if anyone here could shed some light in the meantime.

I've also been told to test for Lyme, which I will do.

Thanks everyone
    Michelle
  2. PamelaJoy

PamelaJoy New Member

I found that Magnesium malate (malic acid form) has been a miracle for myself and many others suffering with fibromyalgia. It has been a pure miracle lessening my symptoms about 90% or better. When I forget a few days I begin to have reoccurance so I try not to miss a days dose. What works for me is 1500mg a day. It may take anywhere from 2 days to 3-4 weeks to feel the resultsaccording to my internist. 80% of patients find significant relief of symptoms with this magnesium supplementation. A California medical internal medicine practice recommends this to their patients suffering from Fibromyalgia symptoms. A good source of Calcium such as CitriCal should be taken along with the magnesium to balance the need.
    Omega oils such as a mixed blend like Udos should be added to your program. This has been very promising for myalgia and CFS as well.
    I hope you give it a chance!!
  3. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Thanks folks
  4. dleaning

dleaning New Member

Have you been tested for MS? Just a thought.

Hope all goes well with the neurologist. Let us know.

Dawn
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I hope that's not the case for either of us though.

I do take magnesium but it's magnesium citrate. I need more so I'll switch and hope it helps.

Thanks!

Oh, and I think we do better on a capsule than on hard tablets of anything.

Marta
  6. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I am just the opposite. I had the symptoms you are describing first and was diagnoised with Fibro. Now I have the flu like symptom and have been diagnoised with CFS also.

Per my Doc this is very common. I have also read that many believe CFS and Fibro are one in the same;the symptoms just manifest differently in different people.