Could use a few prayers for strength

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by risinforce, Nov 15, 2004.

1. risinforce

risinforce New Member

Hello - I can't remember if I've ever posted on this board but I read the posts here and pray for those I read about. I usually post on the general FMS board. I have FMS. I am 34 w/a 5 yr old son and am going through a divorce. My decision. My Fibro kicked in full gear about a year ago and since then my world has been changed drastically.

I view my FMS as a blessing. It has caused my relationship w/god to grow more than I could ever dream. I almost suffered a nervous breakdown prior to FMS crippling me due to stress from life, work etc. Too much worrying, rushing etc. I have since cast all my worries to god and put all my faith in him. I am now on the best path of my life.

Unfortunately my husband (whom is not a faithful man) is not on this same path, hence the divorce. There is other issues as well but I have been depressed an unhappy for the last 4 years in our relationship and getting FMS and finding myself in god has opened my eyes and doors to a brighter future where my wheels aren't just spinning. Let's just say, I'm getting out of the boat and putting my trust in the lord. Unfortunately there is a 5yr old life involved and it makes it extremely hard.

I am asking for two prayers actually. One is a prayer of strength for me as I will not have a lot of allies in this decision (family, friends) at first. So I'm going to need a lot of strength. God is my backbone! Second is for my son and that he be resilient and as unaffected as possible.

The one possitive thing is that his father and I are committed 100% to him and will have shared custody. He will spend 1/2 the week w/me and 1/2 w/dad.

I appreciate all the support and god bless!

Shawn
  2. BleuSox

BleuSox New Member

Dear Father God,

Reach down and touch the heart of this dear friend that is having a great heartache, give her the strenth she needs to get her though this trial, and touch the heart of her little one that he will continue to know the love of both parents and yours too.

Heal the hurt, bless their souls and hearts, and thank you that she has reached out to you. We know she will never be disappointed by puting her trust in you. Let her know that you are there and give her a special blessing for me.

I sense the desperation in her heart though she seems calm in words. Give her peace, let her know the joy that is in the relationship with you.

Amen.... BleuSox
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I pray for the strength you need as you go through this.

Divorce is a sad ending but it can also be a liberating new start. Good luck to you. I also pray for this precious five year old.

Love, Mikie
  4. 777777

777777 New Member

I KNOW WHAT PRAYER CAN DO.. THERE IS NO DISTANCE IN PRAYER.
    AND NO LIMITATION'S ON THE GOD WE SERVE.. HE IS A STRONG DELIVERER IF YOU ......................
    TRUST IN HIM HE WILL BRING YOU THROUGH THIS STORM IN YOUR
    LIFE.....BUT AFTER THE STORM IS OVER THE SUN WILL SHINE AGAIN. SOMETIME'S IN OUR LIVES WE WILL BE TESTED OF OUR FAITH...THINGS MAY LOOK PRETTY BAD NOW....BUT I BELIEVE THERE IS A BIG BLESSING WAITING FOR YOOU AND YOUR CHILD.
    BE ENCOURAGED AND HOLD YOUR HEAD UP HIGH ..GOD IS STILL
    IN CONTROL AND HE HAS NOT FORGOTTEN YOU. AT 5 A.M. EVERY
    MORING A SMALL GROUP ARE ON THE TELEPHONE IN PRAYER..I WILL KEEP YOU IN REMEMBERENCE.
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Sending prayers as you requested. I hope you get through with divorce soon and that you and your little boy can start a new, happy chapter is your life.

Sandy