Could we have an Ion Channel Disease?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by woofmom, Feb 4, 2007.

1. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Okay, someone please explain this. I'm not scientifically inclined.
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got an email from someone asking about neuropeptide shots for MCS. There is some very, very interesting stuff about ion channels and VOCs,neuropeptides, and formaldehyde. I've got to study it. I'll try and retrieve the website and post it. Sounds too good to be true.
  3. woofmom

woofmom New Member

International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health February 2004. That all I've got right now. I'll check it further tomorrow. There was something in another article about formaldehyde and ion channel diseases. I MAY? be able to finally understand why I'm sick and can't be exposed to chemicals. How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

I was born with an ion channel disorder called myotonia congenita. It affects the chloride channel and causes delayed relaxation of muscles. For some people it's painless and just causes stiffness of the muscles, but for some it also causes quite painful cramping. It's made much worse by insecticides and herbicides.

The other major ion channel disorders would be hyperkalemic periodic paralysis and paramyotonia congenita (sodium ion channels) and hypokalemic periodic paralysis (calcium ion channel). These are identifiable because of altered potassium in the cells during an attack (which can cause paralysis and weakness).

Jan
  5. u34rb

u34rb New Member

dncnfngrs,

I would lilke to know the name of the bio resonance machine and who makes it. I have heard about this but didn't realise that there was someone who had used it.
  6. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Look up Immune Modulating Vaccine. Sounds very, very promising!!!!!!!!!!!