Couldn't go to Church today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lil_angel1198, Sep 24, 2006.

1. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

I go to church regularly, and have noticed that in recent months, I have been missing more and more because of pain and not feeling well.
    Today it hit me harder than before, because I realized this. I was in such pain, I had to go back to bed after my shower. I couldn't even dry my hair.

I hope this doesn't start happening regularly, as I love going to church, and I feel the need to be there. I also sing for our Worship Team, and I don't want to 'not' do that.

Any suggestions on how to be able to handle this?
  2. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Hi there, I just posted an almost identical post on the Worship Board this morning. I miss going to church. I also sang for our Worship Team.

I don't have any answers. Maybe there are some responses to my post. You are welcome to check as I will do now.

Lolalee
  3. mymichelina

mymichelina New Member

Sing for him still...HE is listening. Don't feel bed HE knows.

Bless you
  4. caffey

caffey New Member

I don't get to church often. What I do if I feel well enough to go is go for part of the service either praise and worship or the message (leave before the end to avoid the crowds). Maybe you could go and just do praise and worship seeing how you enjoy it and then leave. Maybe they could have a stool or chair for you to sit on. I don't think they would object. Also if you body won't cooperate you can't make it do what it won't do. Don't feel guilty, put on your favorite tape and sing to Him.
    Cath
  5. bana2

bana2 New Member

Pray about it and ask him to intervene. I hope that it's not becuase of depression. If it is go see your doctor don't let it take your enjoyment out of your life.HAve you spoken to your doctor about this? Where is the pain? He understands. Put the TV on or radio and worship him. But do go see the doctor to see if there is anything they can do to ease your pain. lol
  6. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi....I used to attend regularly, but for the past 11 years, it has been spotty. I, too, LOVE going to church and feel a loss when I don't go. But I know that He understands. My husband and I watch Joel Osteen on TV when we can't go. Today that's just what we did. I had my shower, and tried to get ready, but couldn't dry my hair either.

I don't have any suggestions other than prayer. I am attending a Bible study at our church (women's study...a Beth Moore study) which lasts for 10 weeks. I have attended for 2 weeks straight (from the beginning) and am so excited!! My prayer is that I can attend each week. I'm saying a prayer for you now. He knows our pain, and promises to help us. I don't pretend to understand why all of this happens, but He knows.

Love in Christ, Ann
  7. teacher

teacher New Member

I can relate! I don't always make it either.

Prayer is the key though. God will help you. He certainly helps me.

When I actually make it, I spend most of the service crying because it's like God is talking just to me.

When I can't make it, I have to pray harder because I want to beat up on myself for not making it. He tells me that He understands and I usually end up with a great lift. Those at church that really care about me automatically pray for me when they don't see me. I knowing that helps also.

I don't sing in our choir but I should think that your group would love to have you whenever you can make it. Just do like everyone else has suggested, sing wherever you are. He's listening. Sometimes that can be more personal and eyeopening than singing in a crowd.

Hugs and prayers.