Couple of JOKES to amuse you folks

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rockgor, Oct 1, 2006.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

At Heaven's Gate

A doctor, a nurse, and the top executive of an HMO (health maintenance organization) have all died and are in line together at the Pearly Gates. Saint Peter speaks with them and asks what good each has done in their lives.

The doctor says, "I have devoted my life to the sick and needy and have had a part in caring for and healing thousands of poor people."

Saint Peter says, "That's great. Go ahead into heaven. And what about you, nurse?"

The nurse says, "I've supported the good doctor and his patients my entire life as an adult."

Saint Peter replies, "Wonderful. Please proceed in with the doctor. And what about you?"

The HMO director says, "I was the president of a very large HMO and was responsible for the healthcare of millions of people all over the country."

Saint Peter says, "Oh, I see. Please go in ... but you can only stay two nights!"

A barber gave a haircut to a priest one day. The priest tried to pay for the haircut but the barber refused saying, "I cannot accept money from you, for you are a good man - you do God's work." The next morning the barber found a dozen bibles at the door to his shop.

A policeman came to the barber for a haircut, and again the barber refused payment saying, "I cannot accept money from you, for you are a good man - you protect the public." The next morning the barber found a dozen doughnuts at the door to his shop.

A lawyer came to the barber for a haircut, and again the barber refused payment saying, "I cannot accept money from you, for you are a good man - you serve the justice system." The next morning the barber found a dozen more lawyers waiting for a haircut.

Courtesy of 365JokePlace
    [This Message was Edited on 10/02/2006]
  2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Thanks Rocky...love your humour. You make me smile!
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

I love starting my day off with laughter. Thanks, Rockgor.
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Thanks this is a nice way to start the day-great jokes. LOve Anne
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Good ones, Rock! I especially like the HMO joke.

Marta
  6. opticaltech

opticaltech New Member

These are my king of jokes!!!!!..Forwarded these to my MIL!>>>>>>>L.
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

love the HMO, although I thought 2 nights was very generous,lol- Carla
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

That's the way to start the day!! with a Laugh or 2! Thanks!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,s