1. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.”

-Mary Anne Radmacher
  2. Alyssa-Admin

Alyssa-Admin Active Member

3. Jimmy1234

Jimmy1234 Member

Great posts very Inspirational :)
    Alyssa-Admin likes this.
  4. Jimmy1234

Jimmy1234 Member

5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Julie, Hanging in there, Allysa, etc.

You are right about these quotes. They are all very strong and smart. Keep on truckin you all !

Love,
    Granni
    Alyssa-Admin likes this.
  6. Alyssa-Admin

We

I thought it was something that was a bit different... Positivity is the only thing that has kept me going through some very dark times.

When the recession hit, we owned a property investment company. Mortgages for our clients came to a halt and we'd just sunk all of our business funds... And personal into setting up a company in India as well as a company for first time buyers.

This meant closing the business down (at that stage I was working from home anyways after a car accident, whiplash... And fibro plus all sorts of things going on with my neck left me mostly in a supine position. We went from a double income home to hubby taking a job an hour away... What he earned a year was a little more than what he was earning a year. I remember calling my husband to ask if we could 'afford an onion'. We lost everything other than our home... And I remember clearly one day I was speaking to my dear friend in Canada... Told him that our volvo xc90 (I was so proud of that car) was going back. My friend said, 'so? It's just a car at the end of the day'. I said, 'but I love this car!' and his response? 'But it doesn't love you!'

So my journey began... I was given the DVD The Secret and would play it all day and all night so that I was soaking in what was being said.

And I learned about positive thinking, the law of attraction and much more. And guess what? It helped me immensely. And my husband as well.

Positive thoughts and energy do work. We had a very stressful letter in a few days ago... And normally I would have been a mess. But I wasn't. I have faith things will be resolved. Previously, I would have been all over the place, and also not sleeping due to stress. I've learned, stressful things will come and go. That's life. But it's up to me to choose how to cope with them!

So bring on some more positive thoughts and words of encouragement...!
    rockgor and gb66 like this.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have a small pewter sign with a tree on it. It stands on my dresser in my bedroom. It read, "Be strong and courageous." I've done things on my own which scared me and required courage. When CFIDS and FMS came into my life, I was dealing with something I didn't sign up for. It has required a different kind of courage. Sometimes courage is simply putting one foot in front of the other when walking is so painful that one wants to cry. In the end, we can be courageous or lie down and give up. The choice is ours. We can't always control what life brings to us but we can control how we respond.

Love, Mikie
    rockgor likes this.
  8. Alyssa-Admin

Very true Mikie. And everybody has their own 'things' that are huge mountains to climb, whilst for others it is done without a second thought. And you are also very right in regards to not always being in control what life brings to us...BUT we always have choice in how we choose to respond to the situation. I think for me, that has been one of my biggest lessons. A.x
  9. peterson1111

peterson1111 Member

Hello i am regural follow this forum sites we should take care for the good health and better knowledge of water purity
    and water filters so please go this
  10. Alyssa-Admin

Hello @peterson1111 I think if you posted about water purity etc. in another section of the forum then possibly you will get some more replies - as well....no link! To add a link you need to go to the paperclip above on the tools listed so that you can get your URL to show on here. Have a goood pain free day! A.
  11. ElaineJukeson

ElaineJukeson Member

Some beautiful quotes xxxx
  12. oceanwild

oceanwild Member

13. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion
    is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new,
    so we must think anew, and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we
    shall save our country.

Abe Lincoln 1863
    (The middle of the Civil War.)

Rock
    bct likes this.
  14. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

"Strength isn't about how much you can handle before you break, it's about how much you can handle after you break."