Covered by insurance?

Discussion in 'Transfer Factor' started by macbers, Jul 28, 2003.

1. macbers

macbers New Member

Someone wrote in a past post that Transfer Factor was covered under Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Is this true and if so, under what medical name do you submit it? We called BC/BS and they said that it may be coverable, but they need a medical name for it....not just "Transfer Factor". To anyone who may know, is it covered under your medical portion, your prescription plan or your doctors visits? Help, we are desperate! Thanks for all of you who take time out of your day to respond to posters like me!!
  2. spacee

spacee Member

I called Chisholm Biological Labs in South Carolina. I don't know what city but their phone # is 1-803-663-9618.
    The receptionist said this is what they tell people:
    "Write unlisted code for miscellanceous medication for immune system on the invoice/receipt".

It seems that BC/BS allows for some alternative therapies to be used....do hope yours allows for it.

When I took Kutapressin, it was not covered under my RX plan because it was an "injectable" but was covered under "durable medical equipment" and was subject to a hefty deductible ($500) and then covered at 80%.

It you go to the Library site at the top of the page and type in Immune Transfer C. There are several excellent articles. Two are questions and answers from a Chip Dobbs who is president of Chishom Bio. Labs. In one of them he says you can take the factor anytime but it is best in am
    under the tongue.

Also, the most exciting part, is that he says you should be able to tell if it is working because you will feel a little ill at first, then better by the end of the 1st month. Also, he feels that in 3 months the immune system will be retrained and then we may only need to take 5 capsules every three months. I know that this is different than what Dr. Ryser says on the homepage, scroll down to the third box. But I already take it 6 days a week with Sundays off. I hope at the very least to only need it a couple of times a week.

Personally, I would go for the Immune Transfer C...it covered the most. I wouldn't even bother being tested...either it will work or it won't. It is very safe to take. But I am not a doc...just had this DD for 17 years so I am not giving a Professional recommendation.

Glad to help anyway I can, I have learned so much from this board, happy to give something back.

Smiles,

Spacee
    [This Message was Edited on 07/28/2003]
  3. macbers

macbers New Member

I really appreciate your response. I was on Kutapressin for about 7 years and can no longer get it. It seems that you do not know the full effect that Kutapressin has on you until you stop taking it. WOW! I would not wish this illness on anyone.

Were you ever a patient of Dr. Enlanders in NYC?
  4. spacee

spacee Member

No I have read about Dr. Enlander. I was a patient of Dr. Charles Lapp who was at the Cheney Clinic. My sis was a patient of Dr. Cheney but she has recovered.

Yes, kutapressin was terrific stuff. It kept me from being homebound. I took it from 1990 until this year. As far as I can tell the Immune Transfer C works as close to Kutapressin as anything available. For me it works even better, so I will never go back to Kutapressin even if they make it again. I just had relatives here for a week and I did the best I have ever done. I can hardly wait to see what the next few months bring.

Good luck to you!

Spacee
  5. macbers

macbers New Member

I am so happy for you! You have had this DD for so long, that you deserve a reprieve from it. I will let you know how the Transfer Factor works for me. It just arrived and I am reading about it right now. I am anticipating absolutely nothing, so that I will not be let down by another failed treatment plan. Keep in touch!
  6. KellyT

KellyT New Member

Insurance does cover real Transfer Factor. But, getting the insurance companies to cover the bovine type, or any suppliments is going to be a fight. Kelly

[ advertisement ]