Cozykitten and Others ...Adderall Question ..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elsa, Sep 7, 2005.

1. elsa

elsa New Member

Hi,

I noticed on a post about energy that you use adderall. I have been a long time user of provigil and I have had great success with it, but I have been wondering about adderall.

I noticed Dr. Lapp ( I think he's the doctor who does this ) prescribes adderall for his patients for the same reason you said your doctor rx'ed it for you.

I was wondering if you, or anyone else who takes adderall, have noticed an improvement in focus and concentration while taking it. However slight ... every little bit would help.LOL

I also have been wondering if taking adderall for a while ... taking a break from provigil ... will insure
    provigil's continued success for me. I've been on it for over a year and a half ... would hate for my body to get use to it and loose it's effectiveness.

Does adderall have a good boost to it against fatigue
    and daytime sleepiness? Love to hear your thoughts on this.

I hope you're doing well. Thanks for your help ...

Elsa

2. elsa

elsa New Member

Bump .........
  3. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I took Adderall for a while and I found it made it even harder for me to concentrate and do any kind of mental work..

At this distance I am not sure about what effect it had on my energy levels.. I think it gee'd me up some...

But I was more concerned about cognitive function.

I think I am right in saying Adderall, Ritalin and Provigil are all in the same family of drugs or operate on the same system/thing....

Dr. Lapp told me that, but obviously you should check it out.

I tried all 3, and hated them, mostly for the reasons I have outlined above ...I wanted something to help me focus better...not something to help me dig ditches.

Don't know if that's much help. Just my 2 cents.
  4. elsa

elsa New Member

Thank you for your reply. I do quite well with provigil, I was just wondering if adderall would increase
    any focus. Your input is very helpful. I don't see switching if I don't get improved brain power from it.

Provigil is alittle different then adderall and ritalin in that it's not an amphetamine type stimulant. It will certainly open your eyes, but not as aggressive as the other two ... or as likely to cause physical dependence.

If it cleared my head some ....great, but if you guys don't notice much, then I think I'll stick with my provigil.

Thanks,

Elsa