CPAP and fibromyalgia trigger points

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ruby1523, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Ruby1523

Ruby1523 New Member

I use a full mask CPAP machine where the straps go around the back of the neck just at the hair line. Recently I have been having severe headaches that seem to be coming from my trigger points there. Does anyone else have trouble like this? Any ideas for help? I can't find any other sort of mask holder that might help.
  2. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

Try loosening your straps a little,it may be to tight. Massage your trigger ponts.

3. Ruby1523

Ruby1523 New Member

I have tried that and then the mask leaks air. Massage seems to make the headaches worse. Boy, I sound like a whiner!
  4. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

You don't sound like a whiner! If you think you do then we all are! LOL!

Are you possibly coming down with a cold or something? (just thinking to myself)

Or this DD decided to set in the trigger points.

Have you tried moving the straps up or down a bit?

How about some tylenol for the headaches?

I get the headaches to alot,but i have cervical problems and allergies so i pop a few tylenol.Sometimes it helps,sometimes not.

There's cpap site called cpapusers on yahoo. It is a good site,they discuss everything about cpap and sleep problems. Check it out. Maybe someone there can help more.

5. Jayna

Jayna New Member

with the mask pulling your head to the side or something.

My headaches weren't quite the same but I did have some neck pain at first. I changed to a different pillow, a kind of memory-foam thing with a bit of a roll on the edge to support my neck and let the mask rest on a firm support. Very few neck pains now.
  6. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I've been using a CPAP only a couple of weeks. I do notice that the trigger points in my neck hurt more - and I have a headache more. I'm thinking maybe it is just me adjusting to the CPAP itself.

I do notice, however, that my fatigue is practically gone, but in its place - MORE PAIN. I think I was so fatigued I didn't realize how much pain I was in.
  7. Ruby1523

Ruby1523 New Member

Thanks for all the input. I think I will try the memory foam pillow to see what happens. I have been on the Cpap machine for two years and can't really tell a big difference in fatigue, at least not like others seem to. My pressure is at 15 based on a sleep study so that part should be okay. I have tried adjusting the straps but that just lets air leak which bothers me even more.

It seems like if it isn't one thing it's 20 others!