CPAP/Fibro/you name it

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ruby1523, May 28, 2008.

1. Ruby1523

Ruby1523 New Member

Is anyone else on CPAP machine that has FMS? I also have Restless Legs Syndrome. I have found a good doctor for the CPAP/sleep therapy and have an appointment with a new fibro doctor. The RLS is under control but still working on the rest of the illness basket. Hypothyroidism is also in that basket. There seems to be a lot of overlap between FMS and RLS and the medications used for them as well as for sleeplessness. Anyone else make a connection?
  2. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

not using a cpap machine ruby, but I wanted to bump up your question for you.

3. Ruby1523

Ruby1523 New Member

I appreciate it very much. May not be a lot of people out there that use the CPAP but I was hoping to find someone to talk to about it.
  4. Ruby1523

Ruby1523 New Member

What do you do for it all and how do you cope? If you do't mind, I would like to know your history. It sounds like we have quite a bit in common except for the Restless Legs.
  5. teacher

teacher New Member

I have obstructive sleep apnea, CFS/ME, hypothyroid, RLS, food intolerances, chemical intolerances, can't tolerate direct sunlight, etc.

Provigil is in use in connection with the CPAP. Everythng else is supplementa or herbal due to the chemical intolerances.

Whaddya think?
  6. Goldyfm

Goldyfm New Member

I have FMS, Sleep apnea, RLS and several other great maladies:(. I try to tackle what ever may be bothering me the most on a day to day basis. I also have IBS, a heart condition and some other nagging symptoms. I went the rounds on sleep meds and found they only worked short term and I was still not feeling rested, prior to my going on the CPAP. I still sleep only a short period but I do feel more alert and more rested than when I was drugging myself to sleep.

I just tackle one thing at a time and hope for the best.
  7. Ruby1523

Ruby1523 New Member

Coping some days is even more than I can handle. I try to take one day at a time but it's hard as you all know. There are days that just feel like my body is shutting down and it scares me. I have to work, no way around that. The CPAP machine seems to help but they raised the pressure on it so that either the mask leaks or it comes out my mouth. I fought the stupid thing all night last night. The weather changed today so the pain is back along with a headache.

I've got some good books on FMS but a couple of them make it seem like every little thing wrong with you is due to the FMS.

THanks for letting me vent. I really am discouraged right now. I get one thing going well and two more go wrong!