CPAP Nasal Pillows

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Anyone used the nasal pillow instead of nasal or full mask with CPAP machine.

Thanks

Rosie
  2. Greeneyes2

Greeneyes2 New Member

I use the pillows instead of the other options. I can't stand anything on my face and with the pillows the only thing touching is the ends of the pillows and the head band.

Once I got used to the cpap, I didn't have any problems with it.

Do make sure they fit you properly, the first place I went to didn't and so I had some problems with that, but they were the right choice for me.

Gentle hugs,
    Denise
    [This Message was Edited on 04/11/2006]
  3. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I am claustrophobic. Kind of sad, since as a CRNA I put xygen masks on thousands of patients.

Needed CPAP. Tried the pillows. First night, my nose turned red and irritated. I thought, well, just needs adjustment.

Woke up the second day, I LOOKED LIKE A CREATURE FROM THE DARK LAGOON. I HAD NOSTRILS AND NOSE THAT LOOKED LIKE THAT DRUNK THAT USED TO APPEAR WITH MAE WEST.

It was awful.

Emergency visit to ENT, WHO THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY. I TOLD HIM THAT HE WOULDN'T FIND IT FUNNY WHEN I MADE HIM LOOK LIKE WHAT I LOOKED LIKE.

had to take steroids, and all kinds of stuff to get it down and then I learned to use the mask.

Apaprently, I was allergic, in a big way to the stuff that the nipples are made of. That was a few years back, so they may have changed it, but I looked like I had been in a fight and lost.