CPAP unit is any one using one?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by neldwn2me, Aug 24, 2005.

1. neldwn2me

neldwn2me New Member

will using this unit really help with my fm. and my dep?
  2. neldwn2me

neldwn2me New Member

I didnt know how to keep mine clean. thanks for the info. and the water.
  3. tilla

tilla New Member

I was put on the oxygen machine and will have sleep test next month to see if I need CPAP. Just the oxygen has made a HUGE difference for me. I have stopped taking my cymbalta as I have no pain and can work out. I haven't been on the oxygen that long and it has made me feel normal.

Tilla
  4. Musica

Musica New Member

I've heard about it, and the medical equipment guy said he used to tell people to, but after one guy came in with it smelling like salad dressing, he no longer does! LOL In fact, I don't think the instructions that came with the machine say to. I wash the nosepiece every day - the instructions say in soap like Dawn that has no lotions - and the hose and everything else once a week. I use distilled water. The instructions also say not to dry things in direct sunlight as it could weaken the headgear, nosepiece, etc.

As far as it helping, there is a theory that not having the brain wake you up to remind you to breathe so many times will allow you to sleep better and hopefully get more delta (restorative) sleep. Which should in turn help FM. And depression should be helped because you aren't being sleep deprived. It's not a cure for anything, although consider that FM and depression aside, bad sleep apnea definitely can cause heart conditions and stroke.

I am still struggling with mine, but I feel it is important for my heart and brain health, if nothing else.
  5. teacher

teacher New Member

I'v had mine for over a year. I don't "pass out" at night anymore. I also don't wake up soaking wet! The crazy dreams aren't as frequent either. Not as cranky in the morning either from lack of sleep.

Teacher