CPAP Users.......HELP!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by KathiM, Apr 29, 2003.

1. KathiM

KathiM New Member

Maybe someone can suggest........
    I ahve been put on CPAP as of 3 weeks but find I rip it off during the night due to the fact that my sinuses clog up and shut down and I cant breathe AT ALL.........
    I have a nose mask.........

Whats next ???

Kathim
  2. MildredAnn

MildredAnn New Member

I, too, could not adjust to the CPAP nose mask. The other option are "nose pillows" that fit snuggly on your nose. It, too, is an adjustment but some people like it better. Good luck.
  3. Susie1

Susie1 New Member

I have used CPAP for over 2 years. There are many different types of masks, another may suit you better. If you are getting too stuffed up, talk to your pulmonologist about it. There may be something he can do to help.

Good luck,
    Susie1
  4. Bruce

Bruce New Member

Dear Kathim,
    I have been using cpap with a nose for 2 plus years and at first it took a lil getting used to. I had the same problem at first and used a sinus spray before bed. It made it easierto start with. Now if i tend to be a lil stuffed up the air seems to clear it up as funny as it sounds. That machine is aLIFESAVER and i treat it like linus's blanket. Good luck with it and if you have any questions dont hesitate to write............. Bruce
  5. sheila49

sheila49 New Member

Hello has anyone suggested a cool humidifier? it is an attachment for your cpap that you put distilled water in and it moistens the air you breathe!! it works soooo well.let me know!
  6. catfancy

catfancy New Member

Latecomer advise here - but I had the same problem when I first started using it and as someone else has already mentioned, I got a heated humidifier - attaches to the CPAP - should never be used without - absolutely perfect results - it just flat out makes it work right!!! Got that info in the first place from the Sleepnet site. There's a lot about CPAP use there.