CPDwife - what happened at work?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HeavenlyRN, Jan 29, 2010.

1. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Hi -

I had seen your earlier threads and wondered what happened when you talked to the boss.

I'll tell you my whole sordid tale about my former job (nurse manager) another time, but I think I need to get some sleep now. I slept in only three 20 minute periods last night. Baaaaaad night!!
  2. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

HRN
    Thanks for asking that I totally appreciate. Well we all know that our cognitive thinking and processing can be worn thin w/this fms & cfs. I have both so! W/that I have already tried to file the ADA. They were not givin me answer until I was off probation. To which now I think I dont agree with at all.Found that out today. Yesterday I had went into work. I had a letter given to me by my commander, after my union rep came to told me to follow her into the conf rm and we would meet
    w/the commander and lt. So I went in w/her. She sat down and I stood up saying whats going on?

The commander handed me the cityhall letter enclosed in a proper envelope. I didnt open it . I said whats this? He said nicely professional courtesously too " tomorrow /friday at 10am the safety director wants to meet /wyou to go over your entire file and we dont know what he will say after"
    I said Ok. (thinking whew ok) but then all night ( because they left me go home w/pay to get ready for the meeting today) I left relieved but worried still! I went today ... and well its up in the air!
    they want to let me go /fire me because I cant multitask 100% to the ability they think they need for the job-also memory skills and retaining info....SO I made sure my last mentioning to the safety director was me telling him I HAVE FIBROMYALGIA and ASTHMA. Just putting in out there!
    I will know more monday or tues this week and right now I am on administrational leave w/out pay.
    so I am just on a WAIT. ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

you probably already know this, but just in case you don't......make sure that you get all that they say related to your job and abilities/inabilities documented in writing.....this is important if they keep you on or not, bc if down the road you need to apply for disability, it will be vitally helpful to have
  4. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

I have alot of paperwork stating my inability PER THEM of not being able to multitask memory issues and such*
  5. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

I agree even though some of it was way over my head. I agree!
  6. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

7. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

8. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member