CPK

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PT, Sep 17, 2002.

1. PT

PT New Member

Hi I am new and was just wondering if any one has had blood work came back that tells their CPK's. I have had Fibro for years and also have high cholestrol I have been on all the meds Liptor and Lescol XL were the last two they tried. My CPK has jump from 200 to 2,166 I know this is very serious and am staying off Md for Cholestrol for two weeks and try the blood test again. I also got bad news today saying my lungs were showing restrictions from a test I had done last week I will see a spec. for that in two days. I am so down I know I can not stay off of cholestrol medicine because it is gentic and I have been on different meds for over 30 yrs.
    I am just 58yr old and feel like a 80yr old. I have been told I have Fibro so much that I am sick of hearing it I just wish they would listen I think once you have this they just take it for granted that is it and so be it. Sorry I am so bum but it has been a bad week I am very concern and wonder if any one else has been told this my liver enzyme is up also. I had chest pains and shortness of breath when I went in and they said it wasn't the heart it was just Fibro but with these numbers now I wonder do we ever stop worrying? They didn't even do a EKG.
  2. PT

PT New Member

Hi I am new and was just wondering if any one has had blood work came back that tells their CPK's. I have had Fibro for years and also have high cholestrol I have been on all the meds Liptor and Lescol XL were the last two they tried. My CPK has jump from 200 to 2,166 I know this is very serious and am staying off Md for Cholestrol for two weeks and try the blood test again. I also got bad news today saying my lungs were showing restrictions from a test I had done last week I will see a spec. for that in two days. I am so down I know I can not stay off of cholestrol medicine because it is gentic and I have been on different meds for over 30 yrs.
    I am just 58yr old and feel like a 80yr old. I have been told I have Fibro so much that I am sick of hearing it I just wish they would listen I think once you have this they just take it for granted that is it and so be it. Sorry I am so bum but it has been a bad week I am very concern and wonder if any one else has been told this my liver enzyme is up also. I had chest pains and shortness of breath when I went in and they said it wasn't the heart it was just Fibro but with these numbers now I wonder do we ever stop worrying? They didn't even do a EKG.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi PT, welcome to the board. We have many members with the same problems that you have, they will be sharing with you.

I have Fibro, but not any of what you described here. The shortness of breath that I get is due to bronchitis.

Some doctors do use the FM/CFS for a dumping ground for everything we get, thats one of the problems with these two illnesses! They are convenient for them to just blame everything on it. You just keep making them check what you feel or know is wrong.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl

4. PT

PT New Member

Thanks Shirl I will sure try to make them test everything but you know Doctors. I am see the Pulumary Doc. tomorrow maybe he will be able to tell me something. I see the other Doctor next week wish me luck. Thanks and God Bless You,
  5. kadywill

kadywill New Member

bumping this....somebody help PT!!!