CPP Hearing, I won!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abcanada, Aug 31, 2009.

1. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I was notified on Aug 18th that I won my case and will be recieving pay dated back to March 2006. I would like to know how long until I recieve any payment. Thank you
  2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Congratulations Abc!!! That is wonderful. I don't know the answer to your question but I am very happy for you. :)

3. canap

canap New Member

Isn't that a wonderful feeling that finally someone understands how dibilitating this DD is. It felt like a load had been taken off with the call. talk about destressing.

I got a call on the 17th that they had changed their mind and I was accepted for disability so didn't have to go to hearing. I got another call last week and they said it would take 4 to 6 weeks. The paper work before said 60 days but she said they are getting caught up after a system change in May. Hope that helps
    [This Message was Edited on 09/01/2009]
  4. DemonFairy

DemonFairy New Member

And it's really great that you're getting backpay all the way back to 2006! Sorry that I don't have any info about how long it takes to receive the pay, but I think it's probably here in the US.
  5. abcanada

abcanada New Member

There are really NO words to discribe the relief, as I have 4 young children & would have been hooped. My husband & children have sacreficed so much for my illness. I was given legal advice which was that they would deny me until the cows come home, as I have 4 kids & am under 35. I did present my case on my own, and I feel it was beneficial. I was an emotional wreck and they could clearly see how devastating the whole process has been.
    I will say there was no doubt in my mind I had done EVERYTHING under the sun which was appropriate for me. I gave them over 1000 pages of medical info dating back 5 years, when I had a severe hemorhage giving birth to my 4th child. The event that initiated all of my health issues.
    You must go with your gut. I had many people doubting my ability to suceed with this. A very empowering moment for me! Thanks again.
  6. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I do not have the answer to your question but want to say congratulations!!!! What a relief.

What you have done will also be helpful for others.

Time to gather your husband, kids and do a "happy dance"!!!!!!

ETA But don't hurt yourself!!! :)[This Message was Edited on 09/01/2009]