crackling in ear......what is this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cinlou, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Hello,
    Has or does anyone get the crackling in the ear, and crunching in the neck?? I get this quite often. It makes my ear, head and neck ache. I feel chilled, but may only have a 99.4 temp...I get these pimples or blisters in both my ears. It is awful....I feel pain over my eye also. I have thought it may be ear infections, but when I go to PCP he says no. Maybe sinus, he says no.....

I had this over 10 years ago, the crackling ear...I went to a ENT back then and found nothing there....weird....I swear there is something wrong.

I have psoriasis and one of the Rhuemies I went to thought I had psoriatic arthritis, I got a second opinion...she did not believe I had it. I really think this ear thing has something to do with FM and the psoriasis...any thoughts?
    Cindy

2. BlackPanther

BlackPanther New Member

Dear Cindy, I used to get the crackling in neck. Chiropractor said it was scar tissue, and so I try to keep my neck "loose" as possible, doing sideways stretches. As far as the ear noise. I sometimes get what sounds like shots in my head. I get a sound, but i don't feel the sound is from my ears, more like my brain. I know, it's weird. I just live with it. So many other things wrong that no point in mentioning them. Since I haven't had any health ins. since Feb. 04 when I had to stop working because of being too ill to continue working, I am not "doctoring" currently. But I believe that the less meds i'm on the better i feel. I do take Wellbutrin and Zoloft, and Osteo-bi-flex for severe osteoarthritis, an occasional benedryl for allergy, and 2 Xtra Tylenol before bed. I want to get back on the vitamins, but they bother my stomach. I have no idea what the "shots" are, but usually only hear them when laying down. Cat
  3. Nahna

Nahna New Member

Cindy,
    I know exactly what you are describing. I have the crackling in both ears. My neck crunches too. I can keep that at a minimum if I do neck stretches. I also bet these pimples in the ear....wow do they hurt. I have always had ear infections until I started having adjustments with a chiropactor. I just live with the crackling ears tho.
    Hurtin.