Crafters I need your suggestions,what to do with

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by atiledsner, Sep 25, 2006.

1. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

those little round boxes that tobacco {dip}comes in.They are dark in color and no matter what brand you use the boxes are the same size and they come with a top that fits snuggly.

Ok suggestions PLEASE........I have a friend that uses the dip and I keep the little boxes.I'm sure that they have another use.atiledsner
  2. TKE

TKE New Member

If you can get the labels off decorate them (beads, pretty fabric, etc), stick some sweets inside & use as gifts or stocking stuffers.

Nothing wrong with recycling. I do it too. Huz freaks when I wash out ziploc baggies. Heck I used to hang paper towels up to dry, LOL.

Toy
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

Are the lids metal? If they are and you have a kiln you
    do stained glass fused on the top of the lid. If they are plastic you cold glue the glass to it.

Use them just for deco, trinket boxes. If you were into collage art or 3-D use them as part of the art.

How about candles?

That's it for now. I am home finally after a 10 day trip and driving 1400 miles to get 22 teeth pulled and get dentures. I got home late this evening, unloaded the car, then upack,etc.

I just sat down to catch up on the board. I limited my time on the computer to spend time with my family.

Your post was right on top so I had to answer that.

But my nite meds are starting do their job. Otherwise I handled the week well without a major flare.

I'll give some thought when I get my brain back.Carla
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

come on I know we have some creative people here- any other suggstions- Cara
  5. purplestar1960

purplestar1960 New Member

how about putting a paint primer on them and then painting them with a faux paint or a design, even stamping, or if yu do sewing or other crafts put wallpaper around them and use them for storage
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

Making them into X-Mas ornaments? Paint, glue,embelishments, then hot glue a hanging string on them to hang on the tree. Craft drawer organizers? Have fun!

7. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

8. TKabi

TKabi New Member

Drill some holes (in an ornamental pattern) add some pot pouri. You have a diffused method of adding some nice scent to the air through the drab winter months.
  9. victoria

victoria New Member

Polymer clay -
    LOTS of books and techniques and things you can add with the clay! - you can also buy 'canes' already made (looks like millefiori) or learn to make it, do stamping impressions in the polymer etc., then bake in the oven. and antique, etc., etc. A brief look thru books in your library, a good bookstore or Michaels can give you a lot of ideas!

Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 09/27/2006]
  10. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I've never been able to get the smell out of them so never saved them. What are you using to get the smell out?

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  11. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Try turning them into portable sewing kits with threaded needles,a couple of buttons,saftey pins and such.

They could also be made into mini picture frames with a little sewing trim or lace glued on with a small piece of plasic to guard the pictues.

If you are more mobile but need to take many meds with you they would work for that as most are pretty water proof.Line with felt to prevent much rattling that breaks pills apart.

That should get you started!
  12. jesfms

jesfms New Member

how about painting the cans and making candle in a can...for christmas stocking stuffers you could paint them with christmas theme
  13. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I have no idea what a tobacco box looks like. If they are tin, then using polymer clays you can cover the lids and bake them with all sorts of nice designs.

Maybe you could, if they are card or tin, paint them and thread a string through side edges on and hang them in a "chain".

Maybe you can make 3 D pictures by stacking them and glueing them on board and painting the lot to make a picture.

Love Anne
  14. BEARANDBUGSMOM

BEARANDBUGSMOM New Member

and no matter what you do the smell doesn't leave! If he used the plastic ones at least they could be washed! I told him last year that I was going to glue them together and make a giant christmas tree!!! He goes thru a can a day, expensive habbit, good thing I wuit smoking!

You could make christmas ornaments out of them poke a hole in one of the sides for the string, or just hot glue the string to the top and decorate the can and if you put the lid on you could put candy in it! Glue cotton balls for Santas hair and beard and add 2 google eyes. Boy that sounds too cute! You could even get brown pipe cleaners and make the reindeer also!

Wow didn't know I had it in me!!

Hope that helps!
    Blessings, Kelly