Craig's List vs eBay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by budmickl, Apr 5, 2008.

1. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Has anyone tried selling on Craig's List? I have some stuff that is too large to try to sell on eBay because the shipping would be impossible. Electric stove, restaurant quality sinks, prep tables, etc.

I just placed an ad for the stove and I'm anxious to see how it goes.

I am cleaning the garage and have a pile of things I'm going to list on eBay too, but they are small enough to do the shipping.

Wish me luck!

2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I plan on doing eBay for all the stuff that fits into a box. But a stove, large restaurant style sinks, and heavy wooded and metal prep tables, just too hard to ship!

I'll let you know when I get my stuff on eBay, you can critique it for me!

3. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I LOVE Craigslist. I have sold A LOT of larger items and I've also purchased quite a few items from Craigslist. Craigslist is a great way to go to get some quick cash. I never hesitate to use Craigslist. Your ad is free and I've never had a problem with "shady" people OR people who just "no show". I just have always had a good experience with Craigslist

I have even got a lot of really good stuff FREE from Craigslist. I have found a reclining wing back chair, a working computer (for my son), lots and lots of packing peanuts and bubble wrap (free) for my Ebay stuff and just so much other stuff. I'm truly addicted to Craigslist and I check it out every single day! LOL.
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Did anyone see the piece the other morning on Good Morning America about selling things in our homes?
    They said each of us has on average $3100.00 worth of things that could be sold on Ebay.

Unfortunately I was getting ready for work at the same time so I was only half listening after that - but something about putting like things together and selling them in a 'lot'. Does that make sense? - especially to you ebay experts?

ALSO - they said they expect 20,000 plus new AT HOME opportunities to be available this next year. More and more companies will be outsourcing to telecommuters.
  5. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I have so much junk/trinkets/thingys that I thought I'd do a grab bag on eBay. Stuff like you gather in your desk at work - M&M tubes, stress balls, post it note holders - junk like that. I also have a ton of Pampered Chef stuff, that I am going to sell in lots - I don't want 200 separate postings for each spatula, thermometer and measuring cup.

I decided to go through my cassettes tapes and if I have the CD, I'm going to sell the tape. No tape player in the car and the one in the house isn't hooked up but it might be one day, so I'll keep those.

So much to find and sell! It's like a scavenger hunt in your own house!