Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dani78xo, Oct 22, 2008.

1. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

I went to sleep last night, and I woke up about 20 minutes later with THE WORST CRAMPS OF MY LIFE. Both of my feet were cramping; it was like the muscle was just completely spasming and I could feel it tightening and pulling my toes down. I tried massaging it out but that only made it more painful. One foot was fine after about 5 minutes, but the other one lasted for a good 10 minutes.

I swear, I've never had such a painful episode from cramps as I did then. I get muscle twitches frequently, and cramps occasionally, but nothing like this. Does anyone else get severe cramps/know what to do for them? I'd like to avoid merely writhing in agony next time, and actually do something to make it go away, if there is anything I can do.

2. jrbear

jrbear New Member

it might work for your feet, at least its worth a try. When I get leg cramps, I take an open bar of soap and put it directly under the cramp, the cramp than works itself out. I do not know how this works but it does. I kept an open bar of soap on my headboard when I was pregnant since I got leg cramps so often.
    I hope this helps.
  3. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

You could possibly have plantars fasciiatis. It's very common foot condition and can cause bad foot cramping. See for more info.

You will be amazed at how good rolling the tennis ball feels. It stretches out the muscles of your feet. If that doesn't help over the course of a few weeks and you still have foot problems, I would see a podiatrist. I'm just guessing of course since I don't know you, but my doc says that plantars fasciiatis is the most common foot problem.

For other muscle cramps, I would be sure to do general stretching of all key muscle groups. It can hurt at first if you aren't used to stretching, but in the long run, it can really help prevent the muscles from cramping. Good luck!! Hope this helps! Erika
  4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

the tip of rolling my feet on a tennis ball. I borrowed my dog's toy--it is a tennis ball on each end and in the center is a stretchy piece of fabric that the balls are attached to.

I will keep this by the computer and will try using it when ever I sit at the computer.

PS The dog has lots of other toys :)