CRAMPY FEET and SORE, STIFF HANDS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by moab341, Mar 26, 2007.

1. moab341

moab341 New Member

Is it common to have stiffness in your hands and fingers with FM?

Also, I have been noticing my feet cramping in bed at night.

Are there any vitamins that would help with these symptoms?
    How common are they?

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one with certain symptoms and it really helps to know I'm not alone and it's "normal" for FM. Roni

2. coolma

coolma New Member

welcome to FM. Yes, we get all kinds of cramps, or spasms. Especially in the Spring, with the onset of damper weather, more cramping in the feet and legs. Calcium and magnesium help, as does potassium (eat a banana a day). When I "upped" my calcium intake the cramps levelled off. There is also something called "Calcium Sorbate" which you can buy in a liquid form and it really helps severe cramping. The stiffness in hands and fingers is also a fibro issue - you will notice it worsens also in the spring, and wintertimes. Joy. If you want to learn more about FM and all the related "side effects" and treatments, there is a wonderful book on FM/CFS/ME by Dr. Devin Starlanyl and Mary Ellen Copeland. Local libraries have it - read it and you will know what you are dealing with. Good luck and good health!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/26/2007]
  3. JessB

JessB New Member

I too have alot of hands and feet problems. I often have stiffness in hands and fingers, I gently make and release a fist, it hurts at first but then seems to settle it down some. I agree with coolma, I find potassium helps my feet and legs when they start cramping. I will go to eating one or two bananas a day for a couple weeks and that seems to settle them down for a while. I also use gentle massage and soaking both hands and feet in hot water. Hope this helps.

Keep hope.
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I take Pantothenic Acid (B5) for my feet, it hasnt got rid of the problem but it has helped a bit. My hands now curl inward, I'll be trying the banana a day.

Rosie