crampy pain in left hand side of abdomen

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by painineck, Sep 5, 2009.

1. painineck

painineck New Member

ive got crampy pain in left hand side of abdomen.i also suffer with costochondritis just wondering if anyone else as had this crampy pain feels like labour pains

thanks painineck
  2. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

No I do have it from time to time in my right side though, especially after a meal. I just always thought it was probably my gall bladder.

I have never told my doctor as I hate to tell him about another pain to add to the long list.

How high or low is your pain?

3. misskoji

misskoji Member

There are so many causes of abdominal pain, and the causes of it are too many to list here.

Here is a site I found and it shows some of the possibilites of what's causing pain there.

I think that if you're in that much pain, you should really be checked out asap.

A tip for you....don't mention that you have CFS, Chostocondritis, or FM at first. Otherwise, it's too easy for the doctor to dismiss your pain and not investigate further. You should have some good imaging tests done at the very least.

I hope you feel better soon and let us know what you find out.

[This Message was Edited on 09/05/2009]
  4. HarleyRidingGal

HarleyRidingGal New Member

In fact right at the present time, I'm seeing a gastro doc and underwent an endoscopy and colonoscopy.

Four years ago, when my pain on my left side was so bad, I had a colonoscopy. Since I have intestinal trouble anyway, it seemed logical to have the procedure. It was diverticulosis which, as I'm experiencing right now, can be excrutiating. My pain level for the last two months on that side has been no less than an 8 and the pain meds only make a dent with it.

I have a gut feeling that my diver, has increased in size. They are "pockets" where food can get stuck and cause diarrhea, nausea and vomiting as well as fevers and chills. That's only part of the puzzle which my docs are working hard to put together.

My heart really goes out to you. The diverticulosis/diverticulitis may or may not be what you are experiencing. As everyone who has abdominal issues know, these are very difficult to pin down unless you have a really good doctor who believes in your pain and wants to help diagnose.

As recent as a couple of months ago, when my pain level shot through the roof, and has stayed there, my main doc literally told me that there isn't anything wrong, to stop taking my antibiotics and sent me on my way. I was then hospitalized that very day, no less, and a great ER doc put me on the right path to figuring this out plus took the time to do the right type of tests.

There's lots of info out there about this disease and I'm more than happy to answer questions, if you have them.

Most people in my life who are close to me call me the "intestine queen" given all my problems with them.

I'm not sure I like being the queen of a stinky place. I'll have to think about that one. I'd much rather be known as at least the "broccoli queen" or "corn princess"... :)

Anyway, you have my sympathy. Hang in there, ok?