Cranial Sacral Release

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Jun 27, 2006.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I have an appt with an integrative DO doctor for cranial sacral relase. Hoping to relieve some headaches, neck pain and facial pain.

Anyone do this therapy? Did it help? Any side effects?

Thanks,
    Tania
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I have gone in the past off and on, I had a hard time getting appt.'s w/this doc because she is so popular.

She must be good.:) I think it helped, but as I said I didn't go regularly and I also saw a P.T> so it is hard to say for sure.

i will she her this THurs. and will only go to her so I will be able to tell better.

the only problem I had was I need VERy gentle treatment and everyone that work's on me is alway's too rough, so I have to make it clear to be gentle otherwise I flare.

But this is pretty gentle theraphy, so I am hoping for the best. I will be seeing her associate so I can get in more regular.

I hope we are both helped.:)

I have major pain, tightness in neck, shoulder's and head that causes dizziness and migraines, so I know how you feel.

best wishes to you,

Claudia
  3. Keeshondmom

Keeshondmom New Member

I have been recieving this Therapy once a week since Oct 2005 and I give it complete credit for relieving not only my severe headaches but also a great deal of my shoulder arm & hand pain. It works wonders for my facial pain too.
    I still suffer mild to moderate pain issues and if I miss a session I know it for sure with an escalation of symptoms. However, the severe pain I refer to as "blow your brains out pain", is truely abated.
    Good Luck with your treatment and I hope you have the same result I do.
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

My old massage therapist does this. I'd forgotten what it's called. It's very helpful and she showed me how to do it myself - assuming we're talking about the same thing - the head at the back of the neck. No real side effects, just a bit or soreness that went away quickly.

It's all about tension and the release thereof.

Marta
  5. jole

jole Member

It is more than working just on the head. My daughter learned a little in physical therapy, but not enough to really do a good job. She said once one is qualified to do this they can litterally adjust the entire body with very simple techniques, very different than chiropractors.

My neurologist has suggested it for me, but I can't afford it. she said anyone who has had an injury to the neck (whiplash) or a fall (tailbone injury) should definitely have craniosacral therapy.

It realigns the bones and muscles, even after years of being out of alignment, sometimes in just one treatment if the therapist is good.

My doc also said anyone who has had whiplash or a tailbone or lower spine injury from a wreck/fall, etc. usually ends up with fibro, so???????

Friends -
    Jole